Stator external/internal ignition coil.

Sorry for spamming this group atm,

Last big question.

Am I right I’m assuming this stator that I’m looking at needs an external ignition coil like the other photo below.

Again, if this isn’t the right place to post just let me know. I’ve tried to search through here to find as much about this as possible but not sure if it’s a us - uk thing where we got different specs, and also not wanting to put any performance parts on (yet) that require any fancy cdi’s etc.

Are there any uk clubs that are regularly active that anyone knows of.

Cheers again,

7427969D-14FB-45CB-82B1-5A4D210EFC0B.jpeg
7675A1DC-14EF-41C1-B51B-68BA1F2527B1.jpeg

Re: Stator external/internal ignition coil.

Dude you can ask questions here no problem. Although i suggest you make a thread in the repair forum.

Yes, you need a ht coil. It takes the low voltage created by the ignition coil and bumps it up enough to create a spark.

yeah post away, welcome! this is what the forum is here for.

you're on the right track staying stock for now. if you haven't downloaded the puch service manual, i would highly recommend it. lots of copies free on the internet, don't worry that it says '1982' nothing changed.

if you're just getting into mopeds, i would say its worth printing out and having a paper copy,

Thanks for all the advice! Really getting into it. I’ve got the workshop manual and owners manuals downloaded, just not printed. Thanks I will use the repair section in future. So much useful info here but because there’s so much it seems tricky to find things and don’t wanna end up asking questions that have already been answered. Thanks again!

> Stuart Small Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> don’t wanna end up

> asking questions that have already been answered. Thanks again!

Ha . Like that never happens ... ;)

If you can find answers via the search , great , but , don't be afraid to ask if you can't .

we expect the same questions to get asked over and over again. as long as you don't start 5 threads asking different versions of the same question or act like a belligerent dick (we've already got enough of those!) nobody minds it

sometimes the most simple/obvious stuff trips you up when you first get started in mopeds. those of us that have been doing it awhile take it for granted. If you are starting with an 'unmolested' stock bike you are way further ahead... what you've got trying to rescue a beat up and neglected old ride like that will be a fun challenge.

Cheers guys, this website really is epic! So much info. As well as trying to find out what I need to do, it’s been interesting just reading what other people are working on/needing fixed.

Cheers

Stu

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account