Fantic Issimo 3v

I suck at doing build/repair threads. I'm really trying to get better at it but I get soooooo caught up in them that I'm finished before I realized I didn't document anything. I picked up a FEW peds from Dos Cycle's a few weeks ago and this was one of them.

IMG_20200229_091632.jpg
IMG_20200229_091721.jpg
IMG_20200229_091839.jpg

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

So after getting it running the clutch plates were stuck and the seal behind the clutch was blown. It was so bad it filled the exhaust with oil and smoked like you wouldn't believe! So I placed an order with Dos for a box of goodies!

IMG_20200307_175439.jpg
IMG_20200307_175355.jpg
IMG_20200307_175406.jpg

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

The box of goodies came in fast like always!

IMG_20200312_170828.jpg
IMG_20200312_170933.jpg
IMG_20200312_172031.jpg

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

I ended up just swapping the motor with the head/cylinder on it onto the bike because it was soooooo clean! I did change the seal on the clutch side and had to modify a tool to pill the gear. The tool works GREAT!

IMG_20200314_100431.jpg
IMG_20200314_100452.jpg

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

So I got her up and running finally, new tires and tubes, and a chain. The kick start spring was missing so I made one that would work out of a a3 kick start spring. She's fun to ride but was struggling a little (being completely stock) with the fat boy on it so I decided to put a pipe on it.

IMG_20200316_184214.jpg
IMG_20200316_184641.jpg
IMG_20200316_184312.jpg

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

I didn't want to cut the stock exhaust so I hacked up a Garelli circuit pipe I already hacked the baffle off a year or so ago to put on Charlie's chopper. I fitted it on the spare engine first to get it close then on the bike. I have a Vespa proma pipe hanging on the wall so I stole the baffle off it! :)

IMG_20200317_175643.jpg
IMG_20200319_062800.jpg
IMG_20200319_064714.jpg

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

Then we take it for a little ride!

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

Man I've wanted one of these for a while now. I have to admit, it may be the video or my drunk self but it seems slower than I imagined.

Would a polini fit on ones these?

Did dos have any more hanging around that you saw? I missed out on the one they had posted on the site.

Very cool bike.

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

fantizzimo!

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

Dirty30 Dillon /

I mean, it's a 3 speed moped. They don't naturally go any faster than a one or two speed.

That said, they are very fun to muck around on

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

Never said i was logical.lol

This is one of those meeting your heros deals.

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Man I've wanted one of these for a while now. I have to admit, it may be

> the video or my drunk self but it seems slower than I imagined.

>

> Would a polini fit on ones these?

>

> Did dos have any more hanging around that you saw? I missed out on the

> one they had posted on the site.

>

> Very cool bike.

Its probably a 35mph ped not to mention I weigh 293lbs so she's doing pretty good to be stock except for a hacked up pipe.

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I mean, it's a 3 speed moped. They don't naturally go any faster than a

> one or two speed.

>

> That said, they are very fun to muck around on

TRUTH

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

A73CACFA-1666-4D50-9F5F-7F8A6B75619B.jpeg

I ended up with the original 3 speed red Issimo (twins) that was posted on the Dos website. It has a Parma kit (48mm?) or something on it. I think any V1 Kit would work. But you do Not have the fan to help cool. Been running the kit no issues with stock 14/12. About to put the 15:15 on this afternoon. Still have the side covers. Just need to replace the front wheel fender. Mine was hacked and has a nice point that was carved into it.

@stephen can you post a link of that tool that you modified to pull that gear? I have only pulled the cover off and inspected the internals but know I’ll have to do some preventative(edited)

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

> ugp * Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> I ended up with the original 3 speed red Issimo (twins) that was posted

> on the Dos website. It has a Parma kit (48mm?) or something on it. I

> think any V1 Kit would work. But you do Not have the fan to help cool.

> Been running the kit no issues with stock 14/12. About to put the 15:15

> on this afternoon. Still have the side covers. Just need to replace the

> front wheel fender. Mine was hacked and has a nice point that was carved

> into it.

>

> @stephen can you post a link of that tool that you modified to pull that

> gear? I have only pulled the cover off and inspected the internals but

> know I’ll have to do some preventative

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/performance-tool-tie-rod-puller-w83025/11931868-P

This is the tool I use. All I did was cut the top of the bottom part down enough so it could slip under the gear. You have to grind a little in the back center to make sure the teeth of the gear doesn't bind on it and so it can get the puller bolt center with the crank. $15 tool and 15min of work and you're golden!

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

are u seriously 293 lbs, im in at 220.

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> are u seriously 293 lbs, im in at 220.

Yes sir, 6'3 and 293lbs. That's why people like me to build their peds. It's pretty fast with me on it and will fly with them on it.(edited)

Re: Fantic Issimo 3v

Truth^

Also public dibs when you sell it!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account