Derbi A35 laguna build

56B8E9D9-43EE-4A0B-93E1-13A707E119C5.jpeg
BC4B4C77-EF85-4731-AEA1-51943D243C60.jpeg

Well I’ve grown board of derbi engines so I decided to do something new no one has done yet, I think..

put this 2004 a35 engine in and it fits quite nicely! Next step is to make some brackets to keep it in place! Stay tuned kiddos!

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Welp, the world really is ending

Just kidding, I love this. Might have to do this to my Laguna too

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah put a Z8 50 gila on it and It will blow the piston port Slippy belt drive junk away

I rode test drove Lagunas when they were selling them and they were slow as F compared to most bikes plus my whole back and shoulder hurt after an hour drive,

Looks cool but sucks balls for daily driving

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah put a Z8 50 gila on it and It will blow the piston port Slippy belt

> drive junk away

if your belt slips, you're doing it wrong

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Cristian Luna /

yesss I love this !

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

you absolute madman you went and did it

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Glad someone is finally putting a good motor in one of these.

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

hahahah my man!!!

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

I love this.

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

I’m hard

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

I love this! It falls into the butt hurt build category. Someone will be bummed on how awesome this is.

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

I dunno, Jack, I think a Laura M56 would be better...

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Aww man, this is all going too smoothly. Used stock sprint mounts and modified em to my liking. Didn’t feel like recreating the wheel on this one.

21DF7632-60FA-4216-8FFB-5C2BF7FA9693.jpeg

Cut the excess off the og mounts and did thee old tuck and fold.

206B0F8F-A711-4560-8882-A69E3B02C13A.jpeg
B6E4085A-2553-4472-A29C-769270385C39.jpeg

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah put a Z8 50 gila on it and It will blow the piston port Slippy belt

> drive junk away

>

> I rode test drove Lagunas when they were selling them and they were slow

> as F compared to most bikes plus my whole back and shoulder hurt after

> an hour drive,

>

> Looks cool but sucks balls for daily driving

I hear you ken, My back hurts more and more every time I get on bikes with low bars. This is why I opted for a stock variant bars to make this a nice pleasure cruiser.

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I dunno, Jack, I think a Laura M56 would be better...

Trust me I was thinking about it big time!! Found a cheap donor tomos so I felt I had to do it. Got a plethora of tomos mopeds right now so I don’t have to feel bad about chopping one up for the greater good. My 4th laguna I’ll do a bat tho ;)

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Went ahead and knocked the swingarm shim down far enough were I needed it so that I could cut the excess off to get my 69mm for the cradle to fit in the stock laguna spacing.

B8B24F28-5FAE-4FFD-9AE5-89885DF61D89.jpeg
7DCE8365-CA53-490D-A596-78D7B360F47F.jpeg

Well look at that chain line, not too shabby!

FD349C68-A607-47BE-8649-91E9AC1A8DC2.jpeg

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

The next one should have a 212cc harbor freight engine in it

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The next one should have a 212cc harbor freight engine in it

Nah, not into little kid dirt bikes and shifting 5 times to go 60mph. No pedals, no dice! This moped is still a moped, not a wannabe grom.

Anywho.. got my bracket all welded up ready for paint! Or not? Whatever, don’t care!

9752F4A3-6F9F-4ACB-812B-56FC002039EB.jpeg

Busted out the chop saw to get a clean cut for the distance bushing for the cradle, perfecto!

6F39633E-C384-4010-858E-3E1BFF3F36B7.jpeg

Fits like a glove!

35E55464-C589-4825-8D37-13A624EF1EB3.jpeg

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Jackerz ! Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The next one should have a 212cc harbor freight engine in it

>

> Nah, not into little kid dirt bikes and shifting 5 times to go 60mph. No

> pedals, no dice! This moped is still a moped, not a wannabe grom.

Lol, i was mocking the culture of slapping 212's in everything. Build looks great!

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Oooweee! Thats clean. You keeping it stock or how are you gonna run that seup?

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

> Alex hernandez Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oooweee! Thats clean. You keeping it stock or how are you gonna run that

> seup?

So I think I’m going 44mm airsal that’s ported to the moon Polini style, also adding a dio reedblock and tm24 or oko. Was going to put a puch Polini on it but I guess I’ll wait till I blow the stock crank up. Also just split the cases and second gear is toast. going to go put a better clutch in that can Handle the power ;)

17F5EFCC-7127-4AB3-B66B-0104F41F886D.jpeg

Also decided to paint the cradle, meh.

5FCE42CF-DE21-4E9E-9B13-23207917E3F4.jpeg

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

polini tomos rips, you should do it

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

This is awesome. May the butthurt be strong! Extra butthurt points when you blast someone on metrakit flatreed!

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Killer dude!

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Wait... is it fully reversible??

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wait... is it fully reversible??

He basically made a subframe from a tomos frame that bolts into the Laguna frame, so it looks like it

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Wait... is it fully reversible??

>

> He basically made a subframe from a tomos frame that bolts into the

> Laguna frame, so it looks like it

failure to commit :(

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> joϟh hoϟier Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Wait... is it fully reversible??

>

> >

>

> > He basically made a subframe from a tomos frame that bolts into the

>

> > Laguna frame, so it looks like it

>

> failure to commit :(

If he actually did, I would go and lick a subway turnstile

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Yessss, Let the butthurt flow josh!! I’ll mail you some anal relax cream in your next order!

Now let’s see, I been chipping away on this and playing around with parts I had on hand. The zen mounted up rather nicely although I still need to figure out a rear bracket besides zip ties haha. Took it for a test ride and it’s pretty zippy for a tomos! Got a jammer in it and it feels great! More stuff to do but here’s a pic

6DF44EB4-DD70-4ACD-9B22-98999F1BE96E.jpeg
18F50E35-BD18-41B8-AF39-F6DB1769EAE8.jpeg

Re: Derbi A35 laguna build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

i like those bars alot.....might need ones just like it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account