Looking for a moped

Hello everyone. Looking for imput from anyone from Montreal Quebec. I've been looking really hard for a decent moped and there are plenty for sale but most have no title of ownership. Did you guys have the same issues and are there any solutions to this problems I'm not seeing. Thanks I appreciate any information.

Re: Looking for a moped

Some states require titles and some do not. Ohio doesn't, but Pennsylvania does. I can go 30 miles from home across the state line and buy a moped with or without a title, maybe not even get a bill of sale, and I haven't had any problem (yet) getting a license plate.

I went to the Pittsburg rally in mid September and a PA guy was riding a moped bought and plated in Ohio, as his parents live in the Akron area. Some states are more strict than others.

What issues do you have in Quebec, and are they the same issues all across Canada? I'm sure newbies (and myself) would be interested in the laws in Canada.

Here in Quebec you need a title. You'll find plenty of mopeds without and very few with. In the past things were pretty lax when it came to mopeds but know you need the right papers to get a license plate. For example if you buy a moped without a title they won't plate it for you. If you attempt to get ownership of a vehicle and it has a past example stolen you just lost your money. Papers here are king basically you could have a frame with papers and sell for a premium.

I'm always curious about this;

If I have an Ohio bike that never had or currently doesnt have a title, how can I get an Ohio title for it so I can sell it to someone who lives in a state (or Canada) that requires a title?

Ohio bikes have never required them as far as I know. How can I title something to sell if it never had or needed a title in the first place? I can't title a moped unless I can prove its a motorcycle? And if I say it's a motorcycle, I would need the original title, and it never had one.

It's a vicious circle.

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm always curious about this;

>

> If I have an Ohio bike that never had or currently doesnt have a title,

> how can I get an Ohio title for it so I can sell it to someone who lives

> in a state (or Canada) that requires a title?

>

> Ohio bikes have never required them as far as I know. How can I title

> something to sell if it never had or needed a title in the first place?

> I can't title a moped unless I can prove its a motorcycle? And if I say

> it's a motorcycle, I would need the original title, and it never had

> one.

>

> It's a vicious circle.

That's why if you get a Vermont registration Ohio will give you a title. Other states should operate the same way, an Ohio registration means title in whatever state it's goin

It's a tad crazy to have to go to Vermont to get a title for a vehicle that I already own.

Of course, I probably wouldn't ever sell the bike I have owned since I was 15 years old.

punkrock randy /

Move to Missouri. All you have to do here is ride them

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> It's a tad crazy to have to go to Vermont to get a title for a vehicle

> that I already own.

>

> Of course, I probably wouldn't ever sell the bike I have owned since I

> was 15 years old.

You do it through the mail, you don't have to go there.

I know I wouldn't have to go there.

But I wouldn't want to have to spend an excessive amount of money for a title for something I already own, and then when I sell it to someone, especially MA members, they don't want to cover the extra cost for the title.

You know how cheap MA members are.

I don't know what the cost is, as MN makes it pretty easy to get a title for a moped, but I can tell you I would pay far more for a titled bike vs a non-titled one.

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> I already own,

How are you going to prove that you own it ?

Hi Joe,

Go on Facebook and seek out my friends at Psyclomoteur Montreal. They have a moped club in Montral that has many members with much skill and many contacts. I bet they can help you find one. They are also some of the finest people you will ever meet, and love to ride.

Thanks really appreciate the information.

I'll check them out.

> P D Wrote:

> > Trent Anderson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I already own,

>

> How are you going to prove that you own it ?

41 year old sales receipt from Miller Lawn and Garden, 41 year old license plate paperwork, 40 year old accident report from hit and run.

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Trent Anderson Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I already own,

>

> >

>

> > How are you going to prove that you own it ?

>

> 41 year old sales receipt from Miller Lawn and Garden, 41 year old

> license plate paperwork, 40 year old accident report from hit and run.

That should do it . :)

Good you still have that paper trail .

Ok so I picked this up. It's clean, it runs not great but it runs. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

IMG_20200318_170419.jpg

> Joe Fortugno Wrote:

> Ok so I picked this up. It's clean, it runs not great but it runs. Let

> me know what you guys think.

>

> Thanks

I like french bikes, they can be sort of hard to work on for newbies though. Did Mobys come with Gurtners stock? If so I would buy a dellorto instead and that should make it more reliable

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account