Introduction

SEAN BILLINGY /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi everyone,

I decided to start a puch project again after 20 years. After some research, I found this is the place to be for info and other stuff. I'll likely be asking many questions, but also able to help with ideas/tips/tricks where ever I can.

But first an introduction. I grew up in The Netherlands liking motorcycles and got my Puch Maxi when I turned 16 (since you can't ride motorcycles until you're 18). Inspired by racing, I read up more an more on the classic 50cc Grand Prix class and decided to make a race style puch and try to make it go as fast as possible on a 50cc.

I came up with this:

Quick summary:

- Kreidler 50cc cilynder tuned

- Homoet 6p for Kreidler

- Reed inlet on the engine

- PVL ignition

- Old bing carburetor with a rotatable side float

It unfortunately didn't run properly and I sold it before I was able to get it working properly. It did however run at about 13,000 rpm once up to speed. Can't remember the sprocket sizes though so I'm not able to get a top speed.

To this day I still like the build, even though it is a bit of a Frankenstein. Now 20 years later, and living in Houston Texas, I want to do a better job. I've created a parts list which I will be asking questions about in the future. But first I need to find an e50 engine and a Maxi N frame. If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one, let me know!

I look forward to talking to you all!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account