RE: That's what I was thinking

Tony /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks for the book leads, Fred, I'll have my librarian friend see if she can borrow one or more for me. I met Gordon Jennings briefly several (6-8) years ago when he visited us at General Motors Engineering Staff, he was a neat guy. Yes, almost all the fellows and gals involved with our 2-stroke cycle program (except a couple new hires) were 4-stroke people. (fresh off the design of the SATURN engine, if I remember) One guy came from Ireland, University of Dubland, I think, and there were some with a Detroit Diesel background, but hay, where are you going to find 2-stroke talent in the heart of GM's advanced engine design community? And no, he wasn't ignored at all, the team knew that there was a universe of knowledge that they lacked when they began the program, and there was a lot of skepticism of the information that was being provided by the Austrailians. It finally ended up that, like the Wankel rotary engine program thet proceeded it by at least a decade, the two-storke engine could not be made to meet the current, proposed, and expected federal and state vehicle exhaust emissions standards and it was dropped.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Re: Make it fasterTopic by: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/12/00 07:45PM
  That's what I was thinkingRe: Fred Fred 11/13/00 10:32PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/14/00 12:16AM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Fred Fred 11/14/00 01:07AM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Tony Tony 11/14/00 12:41PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/14/00 03:37PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Tony Tony 11/16/00 11:31AM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/16/00 01:58PM
  2-stroke techRe: Fred Fred 11/16/00 03:32PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/16/00 07:45PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Tony Tony 11/18/00 09:11AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account