RE: That's what I was thinking

Ron Brown /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Tony,

I can claim no extensive knowledge of the infernal combustion engine, however, being also stuck in Michigan, the winter is a good time to read. The only book I have which deals with 2 cycles extensively is "Tuning Your Two Stroke Engine" by K.G.Draper A.M.I.M.I. and published by Coles in Canada, c1977. I picked this up in a used book store, an excellent source for interesting motohead books. I would guess that you may have some success at your local library.

On the subject of firing while the inlet port is open, I am helping one of my neighbors to re-build a small 2 cyl outboard and I am fairly sure that he had this problem. However, I think it was caused by oil on the points from a leaky top seal causing it to fire at odd times. When we ran it in a tub in the driveway, it coughed and sputtered and banged and actually blew oily bubbles out of the crancase halves joint.

I think this is avoided in the average two cycle because the mixture is being blown in under some pressure and the inlet port closed fairly early in the cycle. This said, I have experiences an occasional "pop" from the carb.

Ron

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Re: Make it fasterTopic by: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/12/00 07:45PM
  That's what I was thinkingRe: Fred Fred 11/13/00 10:32PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/14/00 12:16AM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Fred Fred 11/14/00 01:07AM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Tony Tony 11/14/00 12:41PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/14/00 03:37PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Tony Tony 11/16/00 11:31AM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/16/00 01:58PM
  2-stroke techRe: Fred Fred 11/16/00 03:32PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 11/16/00 07:45PM
  RE: That's what I was thinkingRe: Tony Tony 11/18/00 09:11AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account