Moped Wire sheathing

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Where can I get the rubbery/vinyl wire sheathing that comes on most mopeds? Often we run into the stuff, but its hardened and cracked. I want to re sheathe wires, but I dont want to use clumsy, bulky corrugated plastic tubing, and I dont want to use braided nylon which I feel would just hold water if it ever got wet.

20200301_194325.jpg

Re: Moped Wire sheathing

Try amazon for "PVC wire sleeve".

I use heat shrink tubing. I keep a supply of 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 in at all times.

If it's tight on the wires that's what you want.

I usually just grab a piece of heat shrink tubing of the appropriate size since I always keep it on hand.

Have you considered heat shrink tubing or self fusing tape ?

Del City sells it along with lots of other cool wiring junk, last time i checked it wasnt on amazon but who knows they get new shit every day on there.

Also the PVC doesn't get hard and shitty like heat shrink does... heat shrink is cool for stuff that never gets flexed but especially all the wires that go through the steering stem, you want that PVC sheathing, its bueno

u could recycle from old stuff, but gotta redo the terminals.

Pushrod Fifty /

I was getting hs tubing in 2' lengths at an eletrical supply store on my old town. I am running low, have to sourse some out locally. I hate using electrical tape. I even hate the pro grade stuff I brought. It is hard to remove or it comes off by itself if it gets hot and leaves a sticky mess.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Also the PVC doesn't get hard and shitty like heat shrink does... heat

> shrink is cool for stuff that never gets flexed but especially all the

> wires that go through the steering stem, you want that PVC sheathing,

> its bueno

That's exactly what I need it for, I hate having exposed colored wires all around, especially up by the bars.

I’ve been buying from Joe for a few years. I hope this helps.

http://www.cycleterminal.com/sleeve-tubing.html

heat shrink at Harbor Freight

3M has a rubber product that is held open with a plastic spline until you feed your wires and pull out the plastic. However they are very expensive since they are industrial rated. (but you pay for what you get and these are top notch, TOP NOTCH)

Brandon I found some on Amazon. It is called loom ( found the name researching ) they got vinyl , mesh, etc. (edited)

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I like to use TESA tape

I forget the part # for the good stuff, but it's the same stuff Germans cover their automotive harnesses with

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account