Moped Geocaching

Angry Hipster /
geo1.jpg
geo3.jpg

Since everyone liked the picnic I thought I'd share the next trip we took. My wife came up with geocaching from watching tiktok or something, idk. But anyhow it involves an app on the smartphone that shows you the location of these geocaches which have trinkets and a log book in them, they are hidden places and are fun to find.

It was a beautiful day and we decided to moped to a couple of them, both were at cemeteries, as we already went to the ones in the park. We ended up going 12miles or so which is a new record for us. It was a lot of fun and I would recommend it to others as a fun way to enjoy mopeds.

We are even thinking of making our own geocache.

I need to work on her express before we head out again, the rear wheel is wobbly and I should put new tires/brakes and either get that wheel trued or look for another one. Plus the line for the oil reservoir started leaking bad and I'm going to disconnect it, pull the gear out of the oil pump, cap everything off and run premix.

The carb which is some weird Chinese pocketbike carb needs to be jetted a bit richer I think. The saving grace so far is that we don't ride wot and it hasn't burned up due to that I think.

Sounds like a lot, but just mopeds, thinking about these trips encourages me to fix it, we really have fun on these bikes when they're running, lol.

Re: Moped Geocaching

What is it, Spring in Anchorage? Don't see any snow.

Just sounds like stupid shit just to find a "geocache" with a lame puzzle in it or some other trash. Boring.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What is it, Spring in Anchorage? Don't see any snow.

Yeah that is seriously messing with my head..You guys have GREEN GRASS up there right now?

Way to integrate yourself in to the community.

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> Way to integrate yourself in to the community.

I know it's almost unbelievable, and definitely comical

just one of the many things to do on mopeds....do they still Pokemon Go on mopeds? enjoy yourselves screw everyone else, and how they use there mopeds. geocaching is an awesome use for moped.....ive got a buddy, who i ran whitewater with all over the country for years, that loves to geocache. what makes it novel locally, he does in with an old geo metro. he'll stop by every now and again, and i ride along....hell of a 2t dirt bike mechanic too. i use my bikes year round, and am pretty creative with all the joy to be had, in the uses of moped.....stay creative.....

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> Just sounds like stupid shit just to find a "geocache" with a lame

> puzzle in it or some other trash. Boring.

It's actually pretty fun and challenging. People leave all kinds of cool stuff and you usually can take whatever but you have to leave something in exchange. You get to see places you have never seen and have the mental challenge of reading maps, following clues, often pretty physical challenges of getting to the location. Talking with strangers, making friends, using your brain for something productive, getting out of the basement, eating and drinking...breathing, living,.. yeah, all pretty boring shit.

Unfortunately the geocashing I did was inaccurate so I lost interest. I didn't try using your app though.

I did it a couple of times, and found the same exact stuff I was talking about. I was not amused, just a bit annoyed. If I remember we had two in my hometown.

Pushrod Fifty /

We have the same kind of things here except they serve beer.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

That's so 2000 y....

Mystic missing marbles is the ginchiest...

Angry Hipster /

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> Way to integrate yourself in to the community.

I changed my address on here after people threatened to send to free canoe me over me getting upset about a guy ripping me off on parts....... it took awhile but then he ripped more people off and everyone understood that I wasn't the bad guy.

I do participate with the locals through facebook and even met a guy off here last weekend.

That being said I kind of stay to myself and share experiences online for the most part, and with some of the negative comments here I wonder why I even do that.

Anyhow, I've made a really cool geocache with a clock in it and I'm just trying to figure out an interesting spot to put it. (edited)

GeoCache :

There were three caches in the nature park we hosted for four summers .

More than a few folks visited just looking for those spots and found that they would visit the park again , just because it is a good place to get away from the rush/hustle of life .

Thats nice, I like to deliver drugs on mine.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> Just sounds like stupid shit just to find a "geocache" with a lame

> puzzle in it or some other trash. Boring.

God, you are just miserable.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > Brandon Love Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Just sounds like stupid shit just to find a "geocache" with a lame

>

> > puzzle in it or some other trash. Boring.

>

> God, you are just miserable.

I figured he just needed more sleep . ;)

Pushrod Fifty /

Kind of a Moped Giro.

this comes up every once in a while. Definitely a fun idea!

I have found a few geocaches accidentally, once at a rally in Inverness Florida we were all stopped waiting to regroup at a stopsign. I was over on the roadside where a few old newspaper vending boxes were discarded in a turnaround, and opened one up theer was the lil list and a handful of geocache trinkets haha

Sorry dude, it was sarcasm aimed at Brandon's stupid post, not at you. It might not be everyones cup of tea, I've never tried it. If you are having fun and on your moped too, all the better.

Angry Hipster /

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> Sorry dude, it was sarcasm aimed at Brandon's stupid post, not at you.

> It might not be everyones cup of tea, I've never tried it. If you are

> having fun and on your moped too, all the better.

No problem, lol, I thought it was about my address,. Also, I hope Brandon feels better and that people quit messing with him and he quits stirring up others.

Interesting coincidence though about the sleep. I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea about a year ago and I was a miserable person. It turns out I was having breathing interruptions 136 times an hour (AHI score)

Since getting treatment I've been much happier and so has everyone around me. I really wish there was more awareness about the condition, but the problem is people seem to think sleep isn't a big deal, ie bragging about how little sleep they get and such. Therefore, sleep conditions aren't really dealt with as seriously as they should be. Plus healthcare is insanely expensive, I wound up buying my machine used after being diagnosed.

It's really a shame people don't get checked for this more often. The symptoms in my case weren't even sleep related, I was just crotchety as fuck!!

Anyhow that's my plug for sleep apnea awareness, I hope it helps someone. (edited)

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> bragging about how little sleep they get and such.

It's them trying to make folks believe they only 'need' 5 hours sleep .

It's a known fact that many very high IQ people get as much as half the sleep most folks need .

Braggarts are simply lying , to themselves and everyone else . Wishful thinking .

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I just lose my marbles in interesting places.

On top of stuff I climbed when I was a young yeti.. In caves. Indian prayer seats.

Venues bars just about anywhere.. I will be engraving a ped on em this year and color filling them so I know where I left which one. I was using generic marbles but its a whole lot cooler if they are one of a kind...

Being cool is easy awesome takes practice my coffee mug.

Sometimes , maybe , we have a bit too much coffee ? Or , is it not enough ? ;)

Geocaching can be super fun. I've never done it on a moped, but I have thought about it.

I lived in Kansas and a nearby small town had some very creative caches. One was one of those tree faces. They'd drilled a nostril and put a tiny canister in there, held up by a magnet. Then they used hot glue to make snot coming out of the nose. You had to yank the snot to find the cache. It was hysterical!

Lots of creatively hidden caches out there. Tons of fun, and great for kids.

> P D Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Brandon Love Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Just sounds like stupid shit just to find a "geocache" with a lame

>

> >

>

> > > puzzle in it or some other trash. Boring.

>

> >

>

> > God, you are just miserable.

>

> I figured he just needed more sleep . ;)

I figured he needed more help. ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account