Amsoil Saber no longer recommended for 2-stroke bikes?

Simon Belmont /

What are your opinions on this?

What 2-stroke oil do you guys use?

Re: Amsoil Saber no longer recommended for 2-stroke bikes?

I've never run the stuff, but it does seem suited for racing applications, all my mopeds are stockers, I have run all kind of oil, but in recent yrs have used either Hondaline or Yamalube, right now I have a bottle of Castrol 2t, works fine, I run everything at 32:1, have been riding mopeds since '83, and have never had an oil related engine failure. Even ran my Hobbit for YEARS at 25:1 'cause Honda said to, cokes up the exhaust port, back to 32:1, it's all good. Bottom line (imho) is any 2 stoke oil sold today is far batter than any sold when these machine were new, so it really does no matter much. Unless you are racing.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I used it for years. No problems on hi performance or stock bikes, premix or injection.

Oil threads are so weird, such a Ford vs Chevy mentality, everything is pretty damn good today, especially for machines built 40 odd yrs ago.

I've honestly never seen that much of a difference between the motul I use and saber. The Amsoil is just expensive.

Simon Belmont /

Brandon, do you use Motul 510 - 2T (full synthetic oil)?

If so, what ratio do you mix it at, 50:1?

I use 800, 50:1.

It’s kinda funny because roadkills two biggest sponsors are horrible companies. Saber oil and optima battery’s lol

I used Saber in my Tomos Streetmate during my 2010 Lake Erie Loop record setting run 677 miles in 24 hour s and 3 minutes. Came in first, set the 50cc moped record...Never a problem, No smoke, no fouled plugs

I'd recommend it. Stock Streetmate 49 cc. Ported, clutch work but that's it . Ran her pretty much wide open whenever I could.

FWIW I wouldn't do it again long time on little seat even with butt pad :(

That's pretty impressive, the ride and that you had no issues.

I raised $4000 in pledges to send 30 burned kids to Camp Fitch that year.

Everyone that pledged dollars per miles ha,ha had to pay up they all thought either I would quit or the ped would break neither happened. I was the poster boy for 5 hour energy drink..in the wee hours of the morning I must of went through 2 or 3 bottles trying to stay awake. I would think someone could break the record but you'd have to really want to do it. I did it just to raise the money for the pediatric fund "Aluminum Cans for Burned Children" good Karma

Don't be an idiot like me and run amsoil 80:1 on rippers.

Trashed numerous small ends over time. Bottom end wasn't ever affected, still running the same hobbit bottom end I used on pinball in 2015

Saber is for 2strokes that call for 100:1 ratio

And it works great for that

AMSoil makes Dominator which should be used for most all other 2stroke applications

Simon Belmont /

I've been using Amsoil Saber exclusively at 80:1 ratio (50ml oil per 1 gallon gas) on my stock Tomos Sprint 2013 with Estoril pipe, it now has 14871 miles (almost 15k miles), the maintenance done to it was oil changes, clutch relining & chain adjustment, have not done engine rebuilt on it, the compression is still about 130psi, couple thousand miles ago I did disassemble top end to see its condition and piston was squeaky clean, I also add recommended amount of "star tron enzyme" to the gas.

Anyway, I've gone ahead and just ordered another batch of amsoil saber. (edited)

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I used it for years. No problems on hi performance or stock bikes,

> premix or injection.

same. i only switched because i cant find anymore

campeona del mundo /

any high quality 2t can be ran at 100:1 with no ill effects. amsoil just put it on the bottle. i used to run 710 100:1 for a long time and it was great.

I use saber cause it smells good

So much confusion ...

Good thing I just use Lucas syn blend . LOL

I use peanut oil

I've been using it exclusively over the last 7 years on over a dozen bikes and on the NYC to LA Baker's dozen run—never had an issue, ever.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I’ve used Amsoil exclusively for the past 10 years. 100:1...80:1 is for weenies :)

That Motul Transoil is where it’s at, though.

I think I've only ran their transoil in any moped I've had. Great stuff.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account