Ebr forks warning.

Don't buy these forks from treatland yall. I got these ebr forks for my tomos sprint and payed $130.00 for em. They have alot of play in em and feel junky.

IMG_20200216_000724.jpg

Re: Ebr forks warning.

Hate to say it but I have been thinking the same thing. I guess you and I both found out why there is a $250 version.

I've had no problems with new ebrs or used ones. sucks for you I guess.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've had no problems with new ebrs or used ones. sucks for you I guess.

Thanks Sunshine! You're blessed, naturally.

Where the play? I’m gonna guess you left a part out or something isn’t on right. I have the same ones on my tomos and it’s substantially better than the blown out stock ones I had.

didn't leave anything out. it seemed like putting my janky front fender on made the forks act up

You're probably doing something wrong, i've never had any problems with a dozen or so EBR's.

Maybe your fork tubes are not misaligned if the problem started when you put on the fender, just loosen the bolts on the triple tree and align them. (edited)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Even though they should be 10x better than the original a35 forks, they're not precision instruments. They will have a little slop. Although, if it's really bad, it could be that you got a lemon, OR, more realistically, you have slop elsewhere that is making it seem like your forks are bad. I would check your headset bearings, they could be loose. Easy way to check is to sit on the bike, squeeze the front brake, and rock the bike back and forth, while keeping a sharp eye on the top plat of your triple tree. If it moves in relation to the top nut, then you need to tighten the race.

Considering you couldn't figure how to keeps balls in a race , it wouldn't be far fetched to find you did something you weren't suppose to .

Generally , adding a fender will help solidify forks .

Having a dozen dirt bikes , I imagine you know what a fork brace is . ;)

I'm sorry man and I'm not getting defensive here but yeah you're right about the fork brace helping however I bought a set that I'm pretty sure are the same model the OP is talking about and they are flimsy and I am in no way dissing Treats. I know they didn't make them. I just hadn't decided if I would try them out or just send them back but yeah they seem like a 100 dollar set of forks compared to a nearly 300 dollar set of forks if you know what I mean.

Main reason why I just bought those Suzuki K10 forks...and they do NOT seem like a $100 set of forks. (edited)

I know what you mean .

Forks , like everything else , are not made equally .

And , like everything else , we just have to make it work . Unless there's more money than ...

Anyway , a fork brace is definitely much less expensive than a 300 dollar set of forks .

I don't have experience with the older EBR forks but I have a funny feeling that EBR may have cheapened it's low end models recently or something. If you notice on Treats EBR now has "newer" "better" "beefier" versions in the $200 to $300 range. Usually that translates to... We just decided to start making an "economy line" but if you still want something that will actually hold up to some real use then we have these more expensive versions over here...Maybe one of the Treats peeps will weigh in on this? Inquiring minds..

Just out of curiosity sake....what feels flimsy? Tripple tree freeplay? Side to side? Up and down? Just interested.

It's really just a general amount of slop all around in the forks themselves. I have them mounted on a Moby frame with a new disc brake front wheel, sealed bearing setup, new everything and they still have a good bit of play. I don't have a fork brace on yet but I can grab my set of Unmounted!, Unbraced! K10 forks and there is literally zero slop when I torque them. like trying to wrack them..wracking like torsional twist..

Not trying to troll or dis EBR or whatever. I can tell the dfference in quality. it is obvious. The EBR forks probably weigh 5 lbs the Suzuki forks I would guess around 15lbs each and they are smaller than the EBR's

Why you gotta bring this up right after I ordered a set fo my Ciao? I’m gonna be optimistic. They have to be better then the rotted out springers I have now.

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> Why you gotta bring this up right after I ordered a set fo my Ciao?

> I’m gonna be optimistic. They have to be better then the rotted out

> springers I have now.

Yeah, IDK man I'm just trying to be objective here. I really haven't had the Moby build on the front burner lately but I will try to check things out more thoroughly at some point. I like clear info just as much as the next guy.

A good disc brake will fold these forks. Do not do that. Also maybe consider the fact it’s not a motorcycle, so why would you expect motorcycle parts to put on there?

The cheapie $100 Ebr forks are an upgrade from your stock, weak spring having, blown out bushing rocking, let my friend ride it and he hit a curb forks. If you want hydros do that. Ebr was the oem of tomos forks until Tomos shut down recently. We should feel lucky that they continue to produce parts for our microscopic market that is mopeds. I mean dude come on, how many direct bolt on options are out there for your tomos? I’ll wait...

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> Why you gotta bring this up right after I ordered a set fo my Ciao?

> I’m gonna be optimistic. They have to be better then the rotted out

> springers I have now.

I have the cheep set on my Ciao and they are awesome.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> A good disc brake will fold these forks. Do not do that. Also maybe

> consider the fact it’s not a motorcycle, so why would you expect

> motorcycle parts to put on there?

>

>

Thanks for the tip and Yeah that is what my gut was telling me..not direct experience from riding around on a set of cheapo EBR's that I tried to upgrade to disc but from general experience modifying tweaking building cars bikes boats over a few decades now. I realize it's not a motorcycle but I am the kind of guy that upgrades brakes and suspension first before I put the 70cc Airsal kit in there and not the other way around.

As far as the Tomos thing goes and I realize that is directed at the OP but you are kind of proving our points in a way. Do you think losing all the business from TOMOS had any effect on EBR's bottom line? Usually when you take that kind of hit in business you have to make adjustments and that often involves cutting back or finding ways to "save money" dropping support or other lines that are not as profitable or finding a way to make a product cheaper etc. etc.

Trust me, in my work I am all too familiar with the prospect of losing product or parts support because of supply and demand based economy. I try to keep more than a few classic vehicles on the road and it gets harder every year to source quality parts to keep em runnin. The vintage moped world is no different. (edited)

I can almost guarantee that op’s forks were produced before the great tomos crash of 2018. I don’t think ebr’s bottom line has suffered at all, Onyx uses them on their bikes. Granted they aren’t selling them in the same numbers world wide as tomos, but word on the street is tomos doesn’t like to pay its bills sooooo.

As far as I know ebr is hasn’t changed anything in their design that the distribution hasn’t asked for: I.e. different lengths of tubes and yokes, reinforced triple trees, brake stops, fender bracket mounts, ect.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> I can almost guarantee that op’s forks were produced before the great

> tomos crash of 2018. I don’t think ebr’s bottom line has suffered at

> all, Onyx uses them on their bikes. Granted they aren’t selling them in

> the same numbers world wide as tomos, but word on the street is tomos

> doesn’t like to pay its bills sooooo.

>

> As far as I know ebr is hasn’t changed anything in their design that the

> distribution hasn’t asked for: I.e. different lengths of tubes and

> yokes, reinforced triple trees, brake stops, fender bracket mounts, ect.

Gotcha, I bought mine maybe 6 months ago.

You probably installed my wrong. It’s looks like your not using a a fork stabilizer ether!

Ebr are solid forks. I would trusted them over shitting stock maxi forks any day.

> mark barney Wrote:

> didn't leave anything out. it seemed like putting my janky front fender

> on made the forks act up

Should be SOME kind of warranty on them. Send em back for a refund. Have you called Treats?

Good advice thanks.

Yes i do. I it only took a few seconds for me to come up with a Vaseline option for berrings. Because i used all my gear grease recently

The lower fork tubes are flimsy side to side. To give you a better idea i would be almost afraid to ride the bike without the fender bolted up to the bike. I went through a few thousand dollars this passed few weeks. If i would have spotted a 200 dollar set of forks on treatland i would have purchased them. its my fault an oversight.

It is altogether possible that you simply rec'd a set that normally wouldn't have made it through QC .

> EH FCC of the QCB Wrote:

> > Thomas TPRF Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Why you gotta bring this up right after I ordered a set fo my Ciao?

>

> > I’m gonna be optimistic. They have to be better then the rotted out

>

> > springers I have now.

>

> I have the cheep set on my Ciao and they are awesome.

I didn’t even think about needing a brace though. Duh. Hopefully one of the fenders I have in my pile will line up nicely.

Combination of spacers and a brace will fix your issues I reckon

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account