Tips For Locking Up A Moped On Street.

Samuel Morrissey /

Like the titles says. Brand names, techniques, etc.

Thank you!

Re: Tips For Locking Up A Moped On Street.

several locks, lock to an immovable object, check your local laws, in some states you can use bicycle racks, and use a COVER. Sounds dumb, but out of sight out of mind is very real. If your state requires it make sure your plate is current, here you can get an expired registration ticket even if you are not riding if it is on a public street, try and park it in your sight at all times if you can.

Wesley Ambrosini /

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001SMUB7G/

Lock to something sturdy.

Pray

I suggest this channel to know what locks to avoid and why. Also an interesting watch if your into this stuff.

Screenshot_20200214-145230_YouTube.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

Do Not Lock to Private Property, they can have it impounded immediately.

Do not leave it outside, unlocked. Like, ever. 5 minutes and it will be gone.

In NYC, it is 100% illegal to park a motorized vehicle on the sidewalk. Despite what any of your buds tell you, the law says it is illegal. If you're going to lock to a sign post, or fence, or light pole, you do so at risk.

ALWAYS cover it when you're parking it overnight or during work. Cover is the biggest deterrent.

Captain Janeway /

Lock to something and cover. I've even put anchor bolts on the floor in my parking garage.

When at train station while I'm at work it's under 2 Kyrptonite locks hooked to the motorcycle rack with a cover. I figure they'll go to the next bike. I do carry an extra ignition because I've had one popped on two occasions.

I figured they'd think I'd leave it overnight when they could come back with angle grinders and break the lock while no one was around.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ALWAYS cover it when you're parking it overnight or during work. Cover

> is the biggest deterrent.

Yes. Cover is the big one. I kept a 1975 CB125s and my Hobbit and G3 in an unfenced backyard on a corner lot in downtown Baltimore less than a block from the projects and didn't have anything stolen cause my shit was covered and locked hard. I used that kryptonite chain to lock my bikes to each other and to my AC unit with the lock through my rear sprocket and another less beefy kryptonite chain to lock the bikes to each other

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account