Re: Throttle cable install help

Nathan Wizard /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

No prob! Unpopular opinion from what I’ve seen, but these are my fav style. I just know em so well. Also raw on the throttle side only. I’m guessing this has a dellorto SHA carb most likely a 14:12. The require a small cable end. Here is a generic “throttle cable for all” from treats VVVV

25A03C25-EB7B-4BEB-B77C-B90815E6DA77.jpeg

The smaller one will work perfect for almost any carb. Cut the largest one off and use that for the throttle side.

Also it’s usually ganna be a smidge too long, am that’s fine, I recommend cutting off the big end, then removing the housing from the innards. Then using just the housing see how much you could cut off to make it a little cleaner looking (make sure you have enough to turn the bars both ways and still have some slack). Cut off the excess and steal the metal housing end. (The piece you cut off, heat the chrome end but slightly and your can gently remove it with pliers.) then while its warm fitness it on to your new shortened cable. Should be cool enough to do it with your hands, if it’s too hot it will melt the housing. Usually can’t get it on the whole way so turn it upside down and smack on a nice level surface to get it all the way on.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account