Derbi pp one way bearing??

Is it the same as the hobbit kit ? I’ve found a video of a kit that was installed but I can’t find it anywhere the website is down bummer

90AAF6F3-BA22-4763-9E8E-40E10F9A15FB.jpeg

Re: Derbi pp one way bearing??

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

It's the same bearing as the flatreed one, HF1616 if I remember correctly? You just install it in the opposite direction as you would with flatreed. I think you just need to check the spacing of your hardened steel bushing.

I’ll have look thank

campeona del mundo /

hf1616 then you have to make a new inner bushing that's longer or lathe the nut down.

Psssssssst

Grab the hobbit kit on treats. If I remember you just gotta pay attention to direction but the spacer was the same, except some light sanding on the crank. Flat reed one is really just different spacing and opposite direction. The kits on treats are the ones that where on the site with the dead link.

Humm rad I was looking at the hobbit kit it has a 10/12mm spacer and the flat reed spacer is straight no step up I’m not sure what the pp crank looks like I’ll have to check hell if it don’t fit into the built hobbit it will go

Did you watch the video of the piston port one way install?

Yes but it don’t say what kit it is

When it was on the original site it was marked as it’s own but it’s the same as the hobbit kit. Not sure why that wasn’t carried over to treats description. Maybe just cause it was a hair tight on the PP crank but nothing most Mopeders can’t handle. That one I put on in the video is still on that bike and working just fine.

If you did that video that’s all I need to know one other question one way or pull start?

On the piston port one way for sure. You could make a string type thing work magneto side but the direction the magneto spins on the piston port you won’t be able to use any generic pull start to rig something, they all spin the wrong way unless you modify or find a vintage one that spins the other way. But I’ve have a great experience with the one way on the piston port.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

this is just making me more and more excited to get the one way setup working on my PR. Still so much left to do before its even a roller though

yeah, get the hf1616 and the hobbit spacer, dremel or lap the id of the spacer till it fits the taper better. if ya don’t wanna dremel, the alternative is smacking it on, but then ya gotta use an extra variator nut with a tapped center hole as a puller (like the Doppler one for Peugeot) for your clutch bell. if none of that sounds good, treats is making one that fits pp/pr cranks outta the box pretty soon

Yay treats

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account