Got this Peugeot for $40 today plus gas to get it

It is missing some items, such as the speedo and side covers, it has a Dellorto carb which I don’t believe is stock, and the clutch is not installed. To get it back together is way out of my league. Check out the pics

0CD8BE71-9516-4EFA-B3D5-F1051F498123.jpeg
CE226DA2-9B9C-4CBA-99C4-7C44CAB4D772.jpeg
961A3DEB-2D47-4FCD-9BB4-2CC591097A82.jpeg

Re: Got this Peugeot for $40 today plus gas to get it

Killer deal. Putting it back together isn't out of your league. You're right in that the carb isn't stock but it's 1000% times better than the Gurtner that came on it

Nice score. It shall live again!

I say make within your capabilities. There are possibly guys in your area that might help plus the crew here on MA will certainly help. Just check inside the gas tank real good for rust/pinholes before you do anything. If you get it running/driveable your sense of accomplishment will be rewarded. Many of us didn't think we could accomplish something way above our capabilities/comfort zone but when it was successful our skill level came to new heights, Ready to take it to the next level.

Looks like it got hit by a car

Ha . If you weren't up for the 'challenge' , you wouldn't have forked out 40 bucks .

Looks like a couple parts might be needed to get it roadable , but ...

^^i second checking if the in-frame tank has leaks. if u need parts or local help im close by pm me.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account