Hell YES or HARD NO

I finally have the money to kit my za50 properly and I'm going to go with a reed block but u found this party jit and was wondering has anyone used it withe great success or should I go with my gilardoni kit?

Also full disclosure I've never had a kitted bike I am handy and dont mind reading the forums for troubleshooting what are you OPINIONS

Screenshot_20200205-212742_Chrome.jpg

Re: Hell YES or HARD NO

Meh, I'm a bigger fan of 15bings with kitted za's. Im 100% for the estoril tho.

If you already have a good Gilardoni kit i'd probably stick with that and use the 100$ you save for other stuff like a front disc brake.

Dirty30 Dillon /

There's a huge difference between the Gila and the Treats reed pack, mainly that you will have to completely disassemble your ZA to bore the cases for the Gila, or just match to the Treats and ride.

> Jeremy cole Wrote:

> Also full disclosure I've never had a kitted bike I am handy and dont

> mind reading the forums for troubleshooting what are you OPINIONS

Get the treats party pack and learn on it. Once you master/get bored with it then get the Gila.

Probably Fred /

Depends on ignition, (stock or retarding type) for pipe selection/rpm powerband selection to run cool, za50s likes low rpm pipes like estoril, circuit types, most all of my za50 run non side bleed derestricted estoril pipes, bing or dellorto phbg carbs on smaller cc and mikuni tm24 carbs with 74cc kits that run cool enough with stock ignition timed low,

If stock or non retarding ignition please read all of this

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_timing

Probably Fred /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There's a huge difference between the Gila and the Treats reed pack,

> mainly that you will have to completely disassemble your ZA to bore the

> cases for the Gila, or just match to the Treats and ride.

Unless they changed the treats reed kit the past few years it has to be be base spaced a few millimeters and decked or countersunk head to keep ring out of exhaust port etc. and transfers opened for the reed kit was originally a tomos kit and made for tomos case

Its a good kit man, I run it on my ZA50 and it gets up and goes. It was also my first kit I played around with and its been pretty forgiving for sure. The VM20 is the biz and makes it really easy to jet

Did you put new shift pucks in already tho?

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did you put new shift pucks in already tho?

Definitely do this!!

Mine were disintegrated!!

Jeremy cole /

Hey thanks for all the suggestions and info the clutch has been flipped and new pucks I will not be doing the build I'm going to Detroit moped works and let them do it I'm really wanting to hit 55mph 60mph ideal conditions and still be a daily I have about 1000 for the build so I wont mind piecing something together

treats kit rips. party pack is a solid recommend for a first kit, if you dont wanna get deep into picking the parts yourself, its tried and REALLY true.

If you trust a ZA rebuild, it's a cool move. Personally I'd consider conrod swap to roller and fuck shit up that way.

A shoddy ZA rebuild is a good way to kool-aid man blast a bearing thru your trans case cover

Ohhh yeah.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account