Benelli g2 magneto

The Italian version of the G2 magneto has only two wires because Italy doesn't require the brake lights like we do here in America. Our G2 magneto has three wires. I have gotten a two-wire MDP flywheel/magneto from Italy and would like to know if I can add the third wire to the magneto like in the Dansi (which is in the American moped). This is probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway..........Sandy

Re: Benelli g2 magneto

Dirty30 Dillon /

Many European mopeds don't have stop lights. I'd just run with a rear runner, as stock.

Pushrod Fifty /

Just tap off of the tail light wire.

confused, so do u have brake light, and brake switches or not?

Yes, the moped is wired American with lights, switches, tail, and brakes which requires a 3-wire flywheel. The Italian flywheel for mopeds used in Italy has only two wires coming out of it.

ok, post a picture of your stator plate anf someone will chime in on how to mod.

> Sandy Carter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The Italian version of the G2 magneto has only two wires because Italy

> doesn't require the brake lights like we do here in America. Our G2

> magneto has three wires. I have gotten a two-wire MDP flywheel/magneto

> from Italy and would like to know if I can add the third wire to the

> magneto like in the Dansi (which is in the American moped). This is

> probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway..........Sandy

stupid question? if you don't know physics its a good question. but yes it is stupid. I don't mean this in a hurtful way. electronics is an art but it makes sense. you are not making any sense to me.

lets look at your problem, you want a tail light and brake light but there is no stator output for the tail. whats wrong with running the brake light and tail light and headlight with a 2 wire stator? why not run the tail from the headlight and forget about the third wire.

the physics you don't get is that stators are added by stringing them in series. if you don't use the tap all the juice comes out to the headlight. I don't see a difference between 2 and 3 wires. I would not use the tap in any conversion. done this many times.

I just did this last year but totally can't remember

I think the 3 wire did it off the ground to the ignition which was pretty common for mopeds, and then you have normally open brake switches going to ground (closed circuit when the brakes are released) and when you pull the brakes, the switch drops to the normal open position, opening the circuit to ground and dumping power thru the taillight. you can easily switch to NC brake switches and run the brakelight parallel off the regular lighting, i just dims the headlight a bit when braking but it's the easiest solution.

back brakes use a n/o normally open switch but front brakes use a n/c normally closed switch. did this conversion on a offroad bike to make it legal. If I can find the pics I'll post it.

so should I stop posting like ken and dillon want? am I el trollio? fuck no. why? because there are no conversions like this on the net. besides that bike identifies as a moped and this is an inclusive site. this post is about the conversion and not the bike.

boutght a pack of n/c push button micro switches from radio shack. pipe strap and a little bending got it done for cheap.

drilled a hole and used plumbers epoxy to bond the switch to the offroad brake perch. Love jb weld.

last bike I used subverted bicycle parts. stock the bike has a ac regulaor. converted to dc 12v and ran another regulator at 4. subverting 12v auto stuff is much easier. given up running dual voltages.

is there anyone on ma who woulden't want to take a rip?

these lights are smd epoxy type led's. this was the technology at that moment in time. since they are not that bright I used 3. got constant positve feedback at traffic lights. everybody likes.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account