Motobecane 50 v motor engagement switch

One of the prongs on my switch was worn short and will not fully engage. What are my options to repair and degree of difficulty to do so?

Re: Motobecane 50 v motor engagement switch

There is a kit to replace the lever, but I'm not sure who has them in stock. They're out of stock @ treats.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I sold all my NOS switches to Justin at moped division.

Likely the one you had was not a match to the sprocket, to a tooth count for the sprocket and make sure you purchase one for that tooth count. Otherwise it will begin to slip and give you troubles. The count is stamped on the new arm so when you find one you can verify.

Just a mention: the Velo-Moteur switch is a weak link to the transmission of power only due to the vintage of the unit. Left dormant for a long time the arm does not disengage, re-engage properly and becomes a hassle always. Best practice is to have it as a discussion item on the bike and not mess with it. If you even need to pedal the bike just remove the belt, upon pedalling you will discover that a moped makes a shytey bicycle and youcan walk and push it faster. Just saying.

^ Solid truth right there! I just replaced the whole pulley when mine went bad, and in thinking about it, I did not check the tooth count, I wonder if that's why that bike was a dog off the line?

ALSO if you are changing the driven pulley as an assembly, it is a good time to consider the gear ratios (keep in mind that the "better top speed" is also affected more by laden weight on the cycle)

MobySprocketSets.JPG

ALSO - being so many are resourceful, there are possibilities, with a little machining, to adapt "other moped brand's rear sprockets" to your read hub, extending the choice of final drive ratios.

MixedGearSets.jpg

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^ Solid truth right there! I just replaced the whole pulley when mine

> went bad, and in thinking about it, I did not check the tooth count, I

> wonder if that's why that bike was a dog off the line?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account