NVT Scorpion - SHOULD I BUY IT?

Found what I believe is a 78' NVT Scorpion SC2, 2 speed Morini. I think I can snag it for like 150 bucks. I only got a quick look but I was told it ran until someone changed the coil and I saw that the ground wire was off. It has compression and doesn't look too terrible for the price. Guy who has it now set the point's and it ran previous to some kid trying to swap the coil. Exhaust is there...should I swoop it? What's the aftermarket look like?

20200121_153151.jpg
20200121_153238.jpg
20200121_153201.jpg

Re: NVT Scorpion - SHOULD I BUY IT?

Yes pretty much every moped is worth buying at 150

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Triumph pushed them...

"Quit running after oil changed" could mean seized engine in non mopedperson speak.....

coil...it's not seized, but thanks.

> BBD 83 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> coil...it's not seized, but thanks.

Coulda been a soft seize but the frame/wheels/seat/floorboards are worth $150 on their own since the bike is somewhat uncommon so go for it

Haha just hit 30 and I'm already tapering off... I'll be senile soon for sure...

C+oil= coil!

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Haha just hit 30 and I'm already tapering off... I'll be senile soon for

> sure...

>

> C+oil= coil!

Oh yeah forget what I said too

haha it's all good I'll take typo comments over pretentious dickheads ALL DAY :) Not seized, good compression, tank not bad. I'd put 20 bucks on it having spark when I fix the 1 coil wire. I'm gonna snag it, just mostly trying to justify since I'm balls deep in my Hobbit build and would skip it if parts were super rare/obscure. Did a quick search for parts, worth 150 or 200 if he has it tomorrow.

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Haha just hit 30 and I'm already tapering off... I'll be senile soon for

> sure...

>

> C+oil= coil!

It just gets "better" :)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If it was near me for that it would've been sold to me...

Before the post was here ...

Yes M02 is a GREAT motor and NVT Scorpions are English built under license from Morini. If your top end is toast, I have a spare one in great shape I will sell cheap.

YES

GRAB THE BIKE!!

and make sure to run the ground wire to the motor, not to the cover. Best spot is the intake stud.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
ScorpionandAero.jpg

(edited)

Get it!

SC2X.jpg

Mine

Beautiful! Even without mags it is gorgeous!

Boom!!

20200122_111919.jpg

x (edited)

Aaron Ward /

Scorpion headlight on a Hobbit!

0617001056a.jpg

Aaron Ward /

Sorry pa50 with a Hobbit motor. (edited)

Chrome CEV headlight was used on scores of makes, not just Scorpion.

Aaron Ward /

I appreciate the clarification.

Nice dude! check that oil before anything

Nice, looks like it has a burp valve for the tank behind the seat, I wonder what the missing lock cyl on the package rack did? Have fun!

So I snagged it and wanted to throw this up from the beginning, was gonna start a new thread in repair but whatever. First thing I noticed was the coil/plug/wire had been swapped. Guy I bought it from said he had cleaned/set points but I never trust that and I have yet do it myself. The wire from coil that was supposed to be grounded to motor was broken so I hoped that swapping that would get me spark. Nope. Curious of feedback as I keep going. The killswitch is there but not mounted to the bars. I checked the rear tailight and it's not blown. The left side brake switch is missing so the 2 wires are left free. I'll attach pics and see what ya"ll have to say.

20200123_115507.jpg
20200123_194007.jpg
20200123_193951.jpg

Old vs. new coil...

20200123_194258.jpg
20200123_194107.jpg

Ignition looks correctly hooked up. Red to + on coil. Coil grounded to motor correctly. Disconnect the rest for now and leave just those wires connected and clean/check points condenser etc. without any outside influence to narrow down spark.

Jesus someone needs to take this guys electrical tape away haha, wrapped each wire from stator plate and then wrapped the 3 together AND THEN seemingly heated it all to make a huge annoyance for me but I'm getting there and quickly noticed a cracked housing on red wire and then wtf is this splice he soldered? Red (power right?) off stator is spliced going to coil and back into the harness. Gonna keep peeling teeny chunks of tape and check back. Thanks Dave!

Heres a pic of the harness minus 2 rolls of electrical tape.

20200124_091423.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account