Anyone sick of cleaning their Hobbit carb?

I've had my moped a few months now and all the problems have pretty much been down to the carb, cleaning it almost every week before another problem arises!

Re: Anyone sick of cleaning their Hobbit carb?

slap an SHA on it. Yes it will idle rich, but it wont clog

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> slap an SHA on it. Yes it will idle rich, but it wont clog

'Im tempted mate! Love a SHA! Had one on my garelli. Have you ever made one fit the Hobbit

Sounds like you might need a new fuel filter after you clean your tank. You do have a foam filter in the plastic cage for the airbox, right?

Cristian Luna /

Get a ultrasonic cleaner it will make a world of difference when cleaning carbs especially stubborn ones like that or talk to a local motorcycle shop they usually have them and will dunk your carb in for fairly cheap

Pushrod Fifty /

Tank rust will clog it no matter how good you can filter the gas. It just recombines in the float bowl.

Once I started using 60 micron paper in line fuel filters , I didn't have any rust in the carb problems .

U gotta pull and clean behind that Welch plug duderoni.

get a good intake manifold and get that carb up and out of the subframe. easy stuff, never look back

again ru using inline filter? new hoses?

William Johnson /

Sounds like your tank is the problem, not the carb.

Thanks for your replies guys. I have been exploring all avenues! Im running an iine filter and all new fuel lines. Perhaps I should seal the tank better.

Take it off and clean it, also clean the little filter in the petcock.

before i pull easy to get to honda carb i go n unscrew that little silver screw and blast w air and cleaner, its small and easily lost but much easier than pulling easy to get at honda carb. Works quite well since its there for some reason.

These guys are alot more up on this stuff than i am but just to ask ..have you checkd to make sure it's not a crank seal leak..i have one i have been laying it on the carb but pulled the flywheel last night to check the points and they were oily and had a small puddle of oilnin the case..i think my problem is more seals than carb even though it acts like the idle passages are plugged..

In can certainly be that, mine was! :)

Thanks for the replies. If I'm honest I think it is the carb as I just recently changed the crank seals and when I have cleaned the carb she runs well. I'm in two minds whether to treat the tank though because I'm worried it all flakes off inside and causes more trouble than it's worth. Might just have to clean it out again.

Or replace it with better/different one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account