Garelli rubber clutch dimensions

Pavel Yankov /

Hi all, I am new here so sorry if I post this in the wrong place.

I have a garelli Gary Uno and it's having the usual problems with rubber clutch, since I am from Bulgaria (eastern Europe) access to parts for these machines is hard and expensive. I am going to take off some material off the rubber on a lathe, but nowhere can I find dimensions of the clutch. So can someone who has one on the shelf help? I need the outer diameter of the rubber part while its assembled. The bell housing is 95,5 mm what clearance should it have to the rubber will also help.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Garelli rubber clutch dimensions

why not just order the rubber clutch. its an easy to ship part and low costs. we have a couple of the uno bikes here

Pavel Yankov /

> Fred Braue Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> why not just order the rubber clutch. its an easy to ship part and low

> costs. we have a couple of the uno bikes here

I am not sure if mine is good or bad, that's why I need diameter to compare. It doesn't stall the engine, but slow it down a lot when I stop. If it comes down to it will order one (still pretty expensive for standards over here).

Pavel Yankov /

Plus at work I have access to hundreds of CNC machines :)

todd amundson /

Stock 93 mm

When starter plate is pushed into its groove the top half of the rubber clutch expands to about 94.2mm and the bottom half stays at about 93mm. When making molds for these urethane clutches this was taken into account and the molds were made tapered from 93mm at the bottom to 92mm in diameter at the top where the plate would bulge out the to 93mm.

8466BBBE-D582-482E-A674-A38D689821E6.jpeg

The gate right is a 92mm lathed clutch set up for taking a cast. The second from right is a nos clutch.

0DB3E3B6-0745-4960-8025-B19D71DFC6AE.jpeg

Pavel Yankov /

Thank you soooo very much!

And do you have a thread about these urethane molds, how do they hold up and how did you made the molds?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account