I.D. help needed

Can someone tell me what this might possibly be??? All the owner could tell me was he thought it was a Malaguti Italjet ?????

IMG_3171.JPG

Re: I.D. help needed

I just sold a Minarelli version. Yours is way more complete.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4296594,4310004,flat=1#msg-4310004

there were a bunch of those Italian mini dirtbikes. It's a version of the franco morini s5 motor. definitely looks like a mlaguti. italjet was another brand they sold under, not a model, at least not that I've seen. What's the marking on back of the seat, and what's on the engine side cover?

Italjet used a slimmer tank

Russell Huddy /

Italjet pr50

I.D. help needed

Here's more pics

IMG_3180.JPG
IMG_3181.JPG
IMG_3182.JPG

oh nice.

it's funny I recognized the seat, I had one of those exact seats on a hobbit a while ago, but never knew really what it came from. It had an "RC" on the side, and I just searched malaguti RC50 and it looks like that's your bike. some years look quite a bit different but looks like the 70's ones

I think there should be a badge still on the headtube with year and maybe make/model

also im like 95% sure its the mid-late 70s morini s5 k2 motor

in the end it was the seat that clued me in, heh

thanks for the help....I was told it's 1 speed. I'm gonna try and go see it tomorrow.

Anything else you can tell me I'd really appreciate like getting parts hmmmm

I'm going to see about the badge on front tube

Any idea of a value $$$

Can anyone translate that writing

Dirty30 Dillon /

> john z Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can anyone translate that writing

Pretty sure it's just break-in/maintenance instructions:

First 500km : 7% mix

After 500km: 5% mix

Changes the trans oil at 500km, than every 2000km after that.

More or less

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > john z Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Can anyone translate that writing

>

> Pretty sure it's just break-in/maintenance instructions:

>

> First 500km : 7% mix

>

> After 500km: 5% mix

>

> Changes the trans oil at 500km, than every 2000km after that.

>

> More or less

Yup^

Break in :

first 500 km blend 7%

after 500 km blend 5%

After 500 km 'substitute' ...

most of the parts you can use generic stuff, cables wires tires controls bars grips etc etc all quite interchangeable with generic moped bits on doscycles.com or treatland.tv

As for the motor it's the s5 k2, there's tons of s5 parts all the way up to complete replacement motors, they're still a pretty popular engine base for small single speed kids dirtbikes, though over the years they got faster, with recent s6 being super powerhouse watercooled engines, which should still drop in, though you'd have to figure out radiator mounts etc.

without going too crazy tho, order stuff from dos and treats, support the fellow moped homies instead of amazon, and really theyve got the better goods and better deals and stupid fast shipping. for s5 specific parts, ebay and theres a few old parts houses though alot are european.

Any idea on a value $$$$$.

> john z Wrote:

> Any idea on a value $$$$$.

If you like it = priceless .

If you don't , 5 bucks .

what's the inbetween value... Say I like it but don't love it

In it's current condition , I MIGHT give a hundred dollars , if it runs and stops .

But , the next guy might only offer 50 and the guy after him 200 .

You have to consider the water you're fishing in and how long you care to wait for a fish big enough for the hook you're using .

worth? not much. if it runs drives stops, maybe 400. forks and frame is probably worth 100 and the engine maybe 300 in good shape, not necessarily worth more together.

it's not interesting enough to be a collector piece and definitely not clean enough, anyone who'd buy it would probably just be looking for a cheap small dirtbike, so that's the market to compare with - you can get those cheapo chinese pitbikes for like 400 bucks new. this is slightly better engine theoretically but who knows at that age, and the rest of the bike is still old wornout junk and not gonna compare with new cheapo crap that's at least modern & new.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account