Removing Benelli G2 seized piston from jug

I have a piston on my Benelli G2 that I can't get out of the jug. I think there was moisture in it as the engine was stored away. I'm afraid I will have to cut the connecting rod in half to get the piston off and then replace the rod, piston, and jug assembly. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the seized piston before I make a drastic move.

102_5420.JPG

Re: Removing Benelli G2 seized piston from jug

Don't cut the rod. Block any ports and let it soak for a while. Kroil, pb blaster, acetone-atf mix, marvel mystery oil, take your pick. Then put a block of wood between the cylinder base and crankcase (Since it's at bdc) and use a block of wood and hammer to knock the piston out. It really only needs to move another half inch or so and then you can take out the piston pin.

haha.....i had the same thing all typed out. copied it to check, and see if anyone had commented before i could. sure enough he beat me to it...so yeah what saabsonettguy said...

puller anchored to the studs, or a press - there is plenty of room to support the jug and press it out.

All of the above advice is great and I have done all. Rarely, as a last resort, I got out the torch and heated it to glowing and out she popped.

Angry Hipster /

You don't even need to use a torch, soaking with oil and heating it up with a heat gun works and is less dangerous/damaging. I've even left the tip of the heat gun in the cylinder for a few minutes to heat the hell out of it.

Then you can hit and free it.

Pushrod Fifty /

Most of the time the rings have indented and rust fused to the cyl wall. Heat gun and pb blaster many times over. I use large diameter dowel rod cut about 6 in. Long to hit the piston. Refasten the jug first, using copper pipe to take up the stud slack. If the engine moves around too much to get a good hit, two large angle braces with a bolt thru the motor mount, that will hold it screwed down to a bench.

consider yourself lucky, that piston/rings are at bdc instead of tdc. not too far to go.

solid block of wood and hammer

Thanks for all the suggestions. One of them should work for me. I'll let you know how things turn out..........Sandy

so did you ever get your piston out?

I'm in the same boat and tried all the suggestions with no luck?

I took the drastic route and now need a new cylinder and piston, been checking for 3 days and have come up short, need some help....

> Robert Parr Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> so did you ever get your piston out?

>

> I'm in the same boat and tried all the suggestions with no luck?

>

> I took the drastic route and now need a new cylinder and piston, been

> checking for 3 days and have come up short, need some help....

Soak it in marvel mystery oil (or pb blaster if you don't have any, but mystery oil is way better)

Then take a piece of wood that will fit in the cylinder, put it against the piston, and hit the fuck out of it. That will free it up, guaranteed.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Aero kroil the aliens use it to clean the cattle mutolators...

You will never use pb blaster again or wd40.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account