Most comfortable moped?

Not the fastest or any such thing but the most comfortable for a leisurely drive.

Re: Most comfortable moped?

The one that fits your butt and will not break down before you get 'home' . ;)

I take my almost completely stock FA50 out on any whim , without a worry .

Once in 10 years it didn't bring me home and that was because of a mistake I made , not the bike .

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I would say a Vespa grande super deluxe is the most comfortable.

sebring from motobecane or motomorina . large tank, big bike feel, comfy large seat

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would say a Vespa grande super deluxe is the most comfortable.

i was going to say that. but then you have, derbi flatreed sle, general 5 star, magnum mkii, garelli are all sweet. its like your asking who is your favorite child or grateful dead song....no answer for it really....over 12 yrs here, and this is high on the frequently asked questions.....so i'll say: a good memory foam mattress for a comfortable ride to la la land.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Vespa grande of any kind hands down. The cruiser of Mopeds.

Tomos Revivals are pretty comfy too.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Grande's are pretty comfortable, but the Derbi Variant is like the perfect moped geometry.

Also Malaguti Pilot's are excellent.

I was a hit and run victim about a year after I started riding back in 1980. That was the start of a lifetime of a "bad back". So, a standard seat on a Motron would have me hunched over adding to both upper and lower back pain.

I would often sit behind the seat on the section that went over the rear fender to make the ride more comfortable. As I added to the collection over the last few years, I have found that just by riding a bike with a long seat made a big difference.

So my most comfortable bikes would have to be Motrons with a long seat, and my Safari 300MT, a top tank with a long seat.

For me a 50v with long seat, but never seen or ridden a Grande, they look pretty sweet too.

Sebring

I’ll offer the Kreidler MP19 in addition to those mentioned above.

My Motomarina Sebring followed by my Magnum. Most comfortable for sure

20191225_124502.jpg

I'm not at all on board with the magnum being particularly comfortable. i mean it's nice that theyre kinda bigger, and definitely nice suspension, but I dont like the seat coming into the tank. theyre not uncomfortable by any stretch but far from most comfy imo.

I honestly wanted to say grande too, hah but now i feel like i need to consider something less apparently universally obvious

I also didnt find my safari to be comfy at all, but I had the kinda narrower solo long seat.

Le Moped is very comfy, and drifting into nopeds the express SR, much luxury.

I loved to death every bit of the design of my sachs seville, coulda ridden that anywhere. I had a dayang hobbit clone that had a super surprisingly comfy solo saddle, better than the stock hobbits even, which are probably the best solo seats

(ignore the leaked oil - i'd had to rebuild the clutches roadside as best as i could. while comfortable, it did have certain other issues...)

but yea, grande. i had a shit uncomfortable seat and still like every thing, every lil thing was just so right that it didnt even need a good seat to be comfortable as hell. suspension, bar height, width, angle, dimesnions, foot positions (ooh and the fold down highway legs on demand...) grande is probably gonna win it for me too

Captain Janeway /

All personal preference.

For me it's my Urbans because they have a comfortable seat and they're slung low enough that my feet actually go flat to the floor--yipee!!

> - schmiddy Wrote:

> I’ll offer the Kreidler MP19 in addition to those mentioned above.

my friend had a MP19 back in the day while I had a moby 50V. we called the Kreidler the 'Mercedes', and the Moby the 'Renault', the MP19 was a pleasure to ride. Part (non) availability is the reason i don't have a Kreidler.

MP-19 is very nice, but I never got to ride mine, traded it, but the seat was sweet. In retrospect I wish I would have kept that.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

urban express

revival

sebring

magnum

in that order

SSR LAZER 5

duh...

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

> Ken F Wrote:

> most comfortable for a

> leisurely drive.

Define comfortable?

Riding position, smooth ride,or cushiest seat?

The Derbi wins Riding Position, hands down.

Urban wins Smooth Ride

LeMoped for Cushiest Seat, hands down

I also have a Grande, not impressed. I think the LeMoped seat is butt ugly, and too big for the bike, but it is, a very nice place for your ass.

Can't wait to blast with you on that Sebring!

Overpriced Parts /

My order

C9F0CAB5-4DC0-407D-A504-CAFF8B6F7249.jpeg
3216D109-D316-46FB-9837-8A51104D8D49.jpeg
6ABC897D-9541-4C9C-B9E5-794D185F984F.jpeg

The magnum MKII with double size seat, beefy suspension, 17” 2.75 tires, and stock bars set at about that angle makes for all day riding for a 5’10” 200 rider for its basically a motorcycle,

The revival with 17” 2.75 front tire also very comfortable

Eagle 3/G3 rides nice too

garage.jpg

Definitely Puch X50/3 (the silver one on the left). Giant frame, soft seat, humongous shock travel (and a 3 speed manual don't hurt)

Learn to make your ped "the most comfortable" for you.

Sachs Seville for the win.

Derbis are pretty nice, but if you’re ripping one of those bits of pavement that is like whoops and catch a surprise big one... boioioioing, see you in the stratosphere. It will straight up catapult you off of it. It’s pretty funny when it doesn’t happen to you.

Magnum’s are fine I guess, a lot heavier than most mopeds so not as fun to ride around imo.

> Cavailer 17 Wrote:

> Can't wait to blast with you on that Sebring!

Haha likewise my brother!

Personally, for long trips, it's Revival or StreetMate, Sebrings, then those I suspect (but haven't ridden) are great are the Vespa Grande, certain Derbis, Raven, and the long-seated Sachs,Negrini, Motron, Puchs and Motobecanes.

Kevin Bishop /

Sachs G3 or Piaggio Grande

The revival looks like a winner

Terbo Speghetti /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Grande's are pretty comfortable, but the Derbi Variant is like the

> perfect moped geometry.

>

> Also Malaguti Pilot's are excellent.

You got a pilot? Or any spare parts?

Jawa-555 with a big leather seat.

Among modern mopeds it would be Rieju Tango 50

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Grande's are pretty comfortable, but the Derbi Variant is like the

>

> > perfect moped geometry.

>

> >

>

> > Also Malaguti Pilot's are excellent.

>

> You got a pilot? Or any spare parts?

I have a full Pilot bike that's for sale, yut.

IMG_20190714_135131_934.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account