Re: Chrome?!

Caleb Walker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There are 3 places within 50 miles of me. I would like to get a gun and

> build a small oven eventually. What base color did you use with the

> super chrome?

So yeah, it is suuuuuuper nice to have my own powder coating equipment. What I can do is somewhat limited compared to what a professional shop can do especially when it comes to size but for most ped parts it works great. And also you can just use a normal kitchen oven to cure parts so dont feel like ya have to go making it buying anything that way unless you want to go big. Then it is worthwhile to get a cheap or free old oven and modify it. Compared to paying a shop to powder coat yo stuff it is much cheaper to do it yourself.

To answer your question, the super chrome powder actually is the base coat so your start with bare prepared metal and put that on and cure it fully after that you can apply a clear powder to add the depth and shine.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account