Chrome?!

Caleb Walker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey there! so wanted to get your input on chrome. seems like every moped has some and it seems like every piece of chrome has at least some rust on it (Unless of course it is hidden under plastics or someplace where you cant see it. Go figure...). So what is your solution for dealing with this? Obviously, if it's just a daily rider or beater bike, then you wouldn't want to invest too much effort into it but anybody have a bike that deserves some special care come up with some way to redo chrome in a budget-friendly manner? I found a powder coat that is supposed to mock the look of chrome relatively closely. I've tried some of that myself and it is ok but could be better. This stuff is pretty cheap though. only 20 buck a pound and if ya have any experience with powda coatin then ya know that that will stretch a pretty long way.

so if yins have any experience with chrome or chrome-like finishes please tell. especially interested to see if anybody has ever sent a part out to be chromed professionally.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/USS-4482/super-chrome

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account