Re: Peugeot CDI and coil fix

Aaron Blair /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Arduino cdis are fine of that's what your into, but using the Arduino itself on a bike is going to be problematic....your cdi doesn't need WiFi Bluetooth and an Ethernet port...it's basically a breakout prototyping board for an atmel microprocessor. So if you do it just cad a custom pcb with the fewest needed components and make it a finished product. it would only need USB and a few lugs for trigger and power etc.....I should look into this, would anybody buy one? Somebody HAS TO have done this before.

The flyback idea was just a stupid idea to over complicate the thing. Which is kinda what I'm going for if I actually do it. But yeah I have around 20 nos flybacks from various brands. Knowing my luck is end up working on a Zenith that needs it after I fucked the thing up just for shits and giggles. I can't be wasteful with this stuff anymore as parts can be IMPOSSIBLE to find now.

I just turned down a guy that needed(his opinion) a new crt for his philco predicta that I thought was working great for being 60 years old with only a partial recap and polarized plug mod. Why in the hell would I put one of my rebuilt b/w crt's in a good working tv. The dude diddnt understand that an extra 5% of emmision wasn't worth it. It's a curiosity at this point..if it was 15 years ago yeah, I could get his crt rebuilt. Not anymore.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account