Peugeot CDI and coil fix

Caleb Walker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Two quick questions for da moped army folks:

- does the Treats CDI for Peugeot and Motobecane have a lighting coil? I assume it does but was wondering because I didn't see it on any wiring diagrams. Heres a link to the one I'm talking about -- https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=peugeot%2DCDI%2Dafter%2Dpartie&CartID=1

Question #2

- Has anybody tried to totally remove all the wire from the original Peugeot ignition coil and rewind it with new wire? you could do this with the original amount of turns for the inner coils and then run a separate secondary ignition coil like Myron suggests or else do the same thing and just add extra windings to create a twelve-volt ignition coil. I was thinking about it the other day and wondered if anybody had tried it and if so what kind of results they got.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account