Shipping a Moped in a box?

Stuart Jeremias /

Im trying to get a ped in nort carolina... Uship is too high to california. You think i can box it up and ship on greyhound?

Re: Shipping a Moped in a box?

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

I've shipped mopeds cross country before. It can be a little spendy, but I worked at FedEx at the time so I got a huge discount.

What I did was pull the bars, wheels, and motor. Motor got it's own box because of weight. I stopped by a bike shop and snagged a bike box from the dumpster.

Never done it but If you can crate it try Fastenal. They ship store to store. I just recommend using some cardboard to disguise it from looking like a bike, and use some black stretch wrap to cover it up. Just take off the wheels and bars and tell them that it’s parts.

Just buy a bike from doscycles.com

Shipping is included.

I've known people to ship things on a greyhound bus but no tracking or anything so it's a bit of a risk and a hope that it arrives.

Jeremy Homser /

I had my magnum shipped through grayhound from the east coast to California. Had to break it down into 4 boxes. It arrived okay with no damage. Cost about $120 4 years ago

I shipped a ‘must have’ low mileage Puch moped from California to Ohio via uship without any issues. If I recall the cost was about $250. It took about 3 weeks to arrive and I stayed in contact with the driver every few days for updates.

I had a moped shipped (my 1963 BB104) long distance. What I did was call around to some auto transporter guys, and found one going the route I needed anyway with a couple of cars and made a side deal to piggyback taking the bike. He charged me $200 which was very fair, and I was surprized when he showed up at my house that he saw how nice it was and kept it in the sleeper the entire trip.

I unpacked quite a few in the early 80s. Puchs came over from Austria in a box like a 60" flatscreen TV box, but 16" wide. Pedals, seat, handlebar, front wheel were off and packed along side the ped with foam sheets or cardboard in between them. All Cables were mounted to the handlebars, ready to go. Perhaps get two identical 60" flatscreen boxes and make one box, extra wide one?

> Mike L Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I unpacked quite a few in the early 80s. Puchs came over from Austria

> in a box like a 60" flatscreen TV box, but 16" wide. Pedals, seat,

> handlebar, front wheel were off and packed along side the ped with foam

> sheets or cardboard in between them. All Cables were mounted to the

> handlebars, ready to go. Perhaps get two identical 60" flatscreen

> boxes and make one box, extra wide one?

This is how most bicycles are shipped but this is also when they are shipped in a container with over 50-100 other bikes and there is no room for them to shift and move around.

Definitely doable. I bet a Fat Bike Box might work and just grab a few extra boxes to double up on the inside. Usually the forks need something to keep them from popping through the bottom and the axles need to be capped so they don’t poke holes in the box.

Someone has probably posted on YouTube “how to box up a bicycle”. Just follow those steps and add more layers of protection if you can. Probably going to be pricy because bicycles shipped are around 80-100$ if I recall.

You could probably talk a Honda dealer into giving you a grom crate. Thin wooden pallet with steel risers and cardboard over the top. Bout 20in wide and 5 ft long. My local dealer that incedentally sold my hobbit new was crushing them and throwing em away I think.

"Dude I just learned I need to move across the country, do you have a shipping crate I could use to put my grom in?"

The issue is would the seller box it up and ship it for you. I’ve paid sellers extra to properly ship bikes. I’ve also used uship many times. You can get lucky if someone needs to fill their truck and sees your ad and quotes it low.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I had my magnum shipped through grayhound from the east coast to California. Had to break it down into 4 boxes. It arrived okay with no damage. Cost about $120 4 years ago

I shipped a Tomos MC50 & extra parts like 6-7 years ago from Ohio to California via greyhound and it was a real hassle. Not to mention the cost was like $250. I wouldnt recommend greyhound unless your desperate.

A friend of mine from Russia recently transported his moped to New York. His name is Andrey, he has been living in the USA for 15 years. He loves fishing, so I bought myself a new moped. I don’t remember her brand and the company that he used. But he rummaged through a lot of information on the Internet about delivery. Found one article that helped him understand a lot about delivery. As a result, he already knew all the delivery information well; it was difficult to deceive the delivery agents. He says everything went well. What do you think about this? I’m glad if I was useful.

Wesley Ambrosini /

> Mavis Barker Wrote:

> A friend of mine from Russia recently transported his moped to New York.

> His name is Andrey, he has been living in the USA for 15 years. He loves

> fishing, so I bought myself a new moped. I don’t remember her brand and

> the company that he used. But he rummaged through a lot of information

> on the Internet about delivery. Found one article that helped him

> understand a lot about delivery. As a result, he already knew all the

> delivery information well; it was difficult to deceive the delivery

> agents. He says everything went well. What do you think about this? I’m

> glad if I was useful.

Dude fuck off with your spam

> Wesley Ambrosini Wrote:

> > Mavis Barker Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > A friend of mine from Russia recently transported his moped to New

> York.

>

> > His name is Andrey, he has been living in the USA for 15 years. He

> loves

>

> > fishing, so I bought myself a new moped. I don’t remember her brand

> and

>

> > the company that he used. But he rummaged through a lot of information

>

> > on the Internet about delivery. Found one article that helped him

>

> > understand a lot about delivery. As a result, he already knew all the

>

> > delivery information well; it was difficult to deceive the delivery

>

> > agents. He says everything went well. What do you think about this?

> I’m

>

> > glad if I was useful.

>

> Dude fuck off with your spam

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account