Found a dead unicorn in the woods

I bought this Baretta Mini City the other day for $30 from a fella in the woods. I tried finding info on it but, I guess there is only 1 known other of this model, which got top tanked and dubbed "The Mini Gun.....can anyone confirm that was the only known one???

The tank is beyond repair and the Morini is possibly a paperweight, I haven't dug into it yet.

20191230_202854.jpg

Re: Found a dead unicorn in the woods

Take the wheels, forks and swingarm and slap it on your favorite Italian.

Oof. That’s rough. Do what Daniel said.

I bought it to use the frame for a franken build, not realizing it was a mini moped. The wheels are cool but not sure if the front one is good. it is most definitely ROUGH

Nice score, love the wheels.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That tank looks like a standard tank several italian bikes used... look up Cimatti.

Id rat build that bike. Its odd but common enough to find most parts for.

I'm familiar with Cimatti's. Shanks built and raffled off this sick city bike last year at our rally. I was just wondering if there really aren't any of these particular Baretta models out there or if anyone else is holding one in the depths of their dungeons, just curious.

safetysecondmopeds-1557871410236.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

It is 100% not the only one.

If I had that, I'd restore it. Weld it, patch it, or replace it. I've seen those wheels on eBay Italy. Probably find other parts there as well. That'd be a fun project.

There are a few of those around, rare but no unicorn. Throw a kitted M02 on it!

Fantic used the same wheels and many other interchangeable parts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account