Moped Registration AND Insurance

Hey, what's up, everybody! Just last year, I registered my moped and began using it on the street. just the other day I received the registration renewal and what do you know but insurance information is required. I live in PA and so started calling insurance companies to figure out what it would cost and most of them don't understand what a moped is or how it is insured and they give me a quote for something like a full-size motorcycle. for what that cost I could literally buy a new moped a year. So what do you guys do for Insurance? Do you have insurance at all and if so what company do you use, what does it cost a year, and what state are you in?

Re: Moped Registration AND Insurance

Progressive, about $8.00 a month, but you have to buy a year at a time.

Progressive is great and you do it all online.

Huh... that's weird because progressive quoted me at nearly 200 dollars a year. maybe the insurance rep I spoke with on the phone didn't know what they were talking about...

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Rider Insurance. Been with them since 1977.

I combine my moped insurance with a motorcycle insurance policy. I believe I pay about 250.00 a year

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Farmers progressive and dairyland will give you just moped insurance.

Stacked uninsured underinsured comprehensive....

For the win.

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

State Farm in Montana gave me insurance for $12 a month. They were confused that the vin number was only 5 digits but still worked. Not required but worth it if ever got in an accident.

yea I dont need moped insurance but motorcycle insurance is cheap, especially when you have way to many, each extra one is even less impact

I have agents with 2 companies, State Farm and a local company that is able to shop around. State farm quoted me $125 per year and the second company quoted $75. Again, both wanted payment for a full year.

Pushrod Fifty /

For one bike, Progressive should be under 100.00 if your record is fairly clean. I have multiples, adding on on ups the yearly total 38.00 to 58 .00 depending on cc's.

Geico is roughly the same cost if you have 9 mopeds or 1 moped.

Less than $100 a year for all of em

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Trust me and stack the in uninsured underinsured. A also add comprehensive medical too it isn't all that much if you use it exclusively.

If the worst happens Its like triple letter score in scrabble game with a z tile.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> yea I dont need moped insurance but motorcycle insurance is cheap,

> especially when you have way to many, each extra one is even less impact

I know right, I think I pay like a total of $45 a month for 5 motorcycles. If I insured all of my mopeds it'd at least double

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Add theft too and never lock it again.

Agreed value 2g.

Add accessories cell and GPS Helmut.

Ask for Flo or that farmers guy.

This was brought to you to thanks to the U.S. insurance and indemnity cartel. Thank you clear channel communications... The media imperial mind programming see revco Gila copter...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account