Corrosion

Got this 13:13 carb as an extra in buy. Looked funky but the body cleaned ok. Then I opened it up, bummer. I think it looks worse than it is. Inside the tube is clean. Should i solder & sand it? Or go as is? Or go get a new one? I took pics but they look like shit.

Re: Corrosion

Here’s a pic

E884BBD7-8EAC-44E8-8AD0-A699AFE2DF70.jpeg

As long as the threads and sealing surfaces are ok just go ahead and use it.

Yes, they are I removed the jet after I let it soaked. Weather here is nice in Ohio, so I can finish Monday maybe.

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> As long as the threads and sealing surfaces are ok just go ahead and use

> it.

Agreed^ .

That looks a lot like the insides of the carb on my FA50 , which runs very well .

doesnt look like a 13sha to meee

I've been working with muriatic acid to clean up a lot of the rotten parts on my latest build. its gone pretty damn well so far except for a few parts that just seem to be very delicate metal.

odd how it ate up the petcock body but not the knob.

With carbs, a long as the slide operates smoothly, all the passages are clear with compressed air, float functions, and like stated, it seals, its worth giving it a try. but to be honest with how hilariously cheap clone carbs are its almost not worth the hassle. most headaches i've ever had from old carbs were float issues.

I can double check ... I’ll post a pic. ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> doesnt look like a 13sha to meee

I ditto that statement

Soak that part in Evaporust and it will look like new .I was a doubter at one time but after using it I’m a believer . $25 a gallon and worth it’s weight in gold.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account