I couldn’t say no. I’m too weak.

This popped up on my battlefield today. I fired one over the bow, and he gave it up right away. Offered $75, but could maybe go a bit more since it was close. Gave him $100, since it had all the plastics minus air cleaner. It’s missing speedo & switches too, but I’ve got spares. Turns over free, with good compression. He said it ran fine til air filter fell off while riding. then he couldn’t get it going again without it. Of course not.

Not a bad deal. Not bad at all.

C10BB914-6323-4DC5-B96D-61371B70F828.jpeg

Re: I couldn’t say no. I’m too weak.

hell, the wheels are worth that, great score! Leave the trailer light on the back too, add's that "something" :)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> hell, the wheels are worth that, great score! Leave the trailer light on

> the back too, add's that "something" :)

I friggin love the trailer light!

True moped fashion. I also kinda like the bicycle stunt pegs crammed on the grips too.

Mopeds.

I wish I had the space to buy all the derelicts that I see...make the rat live! Love it man!

I brought it inside and threw it on the bench. Wiring is all jacked up, in goofy switches and the best moped duct tape available,

Oh, and a Dellorto PHVA 14, with something missing from the top. No wonder it quit.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

just a few months ago, i couldn't say no to mine. $65.00 price tag had something to do with it

20180703_200804.jpg

Nice^^! Especially the price. I love FreeSpirits. He woulda taken my original offer of $75, but I felt bad for him; he was hurting for cash. Besides, it’s Christmas and I felt generous.

Pray the rosery and say 3 "Hail Mary's" for your sins, or something like that

do the work and ride

***Kim Jong illest*** /

The piece thats missing is the choke

***Kim Jong illest*** /

The piece thats missing is the choke

And all the adjustment screws it seems

Yeah, I figured out it’s the choke. But those holes aren’t for anything. The two little ones aren’t threaded and dead end, and the big threaded one goes in about 1/4” , but is a dead end hole. Not drilled thru. Just a dummy hole, but I don’t know why it’s threaded.

The idle adj and air adj screws are on the other side.

I guess the carb is off a Tomos A55, and the og chokes go bad. Replacement lever chokes are available at treats.

Here’s the adjustment screws on the other side.

image.jpg

Ditch that carb and put a 14 bing on it. The adjustment screws are all on the wrong side.

Not a scooter

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ditch that carb and put a 14 bing on it. The adjustment screws are all

> on the wrong side.

That too. Yeah, I’m gonna put a Bing on it, for better or worse, til seizure do we part.

I haven’t decided what to do with this bike yet, after I get it running. It’s my third Free Spirit. I have the red one with a Treats 70 kit. My other silver one has a Gila. But I don’t know what to do with this one. Maybe a ported stock plus build? Or maybe a 50 cc kit & pipe? Any body holding a NOS cast iron Metrakit 65? Polini? Suggestions?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

WOP hero kit. That's challenging...

Here’s one I had. Polini with stock 14 bing and airbox. It’s certainly one of the nicer free spirits I’ve seen.

F1EF1C2D-DB43-48A6-95E8-8B4C90949E44.jpeg

^ SO nice, what are the wheels from?

^euro pug wheels. From a 103 I think. I got them local but they came from Will Jensen overseas.

That’s beautiful! I love it!

I put it up on the bench today. Turning the flywheel by hand didn’t feel right, so I pulled the head. Then the cylinder after what I saw. It lost the top ring, eating the top end and bearings. So, since it’s gotta get the full rebuild, I’ve made up my mind.

This baby’s getting a Polini, 15 Bing and Estoril.

Nice!

Should run like a scalded dog!

Kreidler tank and aren't the wheels kreidler too? Look nice on that!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account