Aaron Ward /

Can't say I've seen this before?

Screenshot_20191216-144232.png

Re: Auxiliary tank on Maxi

Pushrod Fifty /

Going X country?

Aaron Ward /

Not mine, bike on EBAY I would never buy. But that tank caught my eye, looks like it's made for the maxi, just never seen one before, would definitely like to have one so yo don't have to stop every 40 miles.

Overpriced Parts /

That’s pretty cool, but if I’m going to go more then 35-50 mi at one time without seeing a gas station then I’m going to strap my 1 gallon can to the rack or put a few fuel bottles in a backpack.

I ride magnums mostly because 40 mi continuous on a maxi gives me a backache,

I would buy One tank just for giggles though

john cervini /

That's an oil tank f oi r the autostart oil injected e50.

Dirty30 Dillon /

It an Oil Injection Tank, not a gas tank

Overpriced Parts /

> john cervini Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That's an oil tank f oi r the autostart oil injected e50.

Ya your right, but the bike looks like Newport maxi due to hand painted pinstripe,

A full picture of the bike would have been nice/not as is deceiving,

yeah it's the blue newport autostart e50 w/ oil injection.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

im pretty sure all of the autostart oil injected newports were this same color blue. i just got done servicing and converting one of these for a customer. that auto start and oil injection had to GO. its not an overall BAD design, but its certainly weird enough that it could cause issues later in life. the lady that owned it had it since high school when it was new, and now can barely pedal it. tbh, i couldnt get the autostart to engage either even running it down the street. the p.o. had filled it fill motor oil and the starting clutch was too slippery to engage. it wasnt worth keeping as the crank is a special crank and completely unavailable anywhere so i just converted it to a normal maxi. looks a lot better now, and even though it has that nice mikuni injector, they wanted to pass it down to the grand kids and i wouldnt trust it for a few more generations

79513629_611974329542703_1599137120256000000_n.jpg

Jeremy Homser /

Wow that looks nice

Overpriced Parts /

Auto start sucks in every sense of the way

Puch Z50 kickstart are the best because you could bump start them or kick start them

***Kim Jong illest*** /

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Autostarts could also be bump or pedal started. And they aren't actually all that bad. It's a pretty good design for what it is. Probably sill tunable even though you're stuck with a 2 shoe.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account