The white(brown) whale

Finally got it.

16515585-BEB7-418A-A455-1CBCF6730227.jpeg

Mike Thomas picker it up a couple months back and after bothering him every week since he grabbed it up, I managed to convince him to sell it to me.

Some very nice person many years ago filled the crank case with oil before storing it. So the bottom end is in excellent shape, was kind of funny when I went to turn it over after putting a spark plug in and it was hydraulic locked. Everything, including the turn signals and oil injection works perfectly. Well, everything except for the brakes. Only bummer was the exhaust pipe was full of carbon and a bunch of oil. Right now it tops out at a whopping 32 mph with all stock parts and specs.

Planning on putting a mk65 and a 14 bing on it with a 28mm header for that full sleeper. Gonna tear into the transmission this weekend hopefully it all looks great, gonna do the pucks and flip second while I’m in there.

Thanks again Mike!!(edited)

Re: The white(brown) whale

Sweet!

nice.....i need one in my life.....just throwing that out to universal forces......

Travis King /

Hell ya dude. I love it when people find "thee" bike they have been looking for!

To keep that trend rolling, anyone got a peugeot gl10 or gt10 sitting around? haha.

> Travis King Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hell ya dude. I love it when people find "thee" bike they have been

> looking for!

>

> To keep that trend rolling, anyone got a peugeot gl10 or gt10 sitting

> around? haha.

I have 2 gl10 and 1 gt10 in Atlanta I'd let go for the right price.

What do really nice examples like this cost?

john cervini /
20191111_130924.jpg

Congrats! Beautiful bike. I'm redoing mine over the winter.

Anyone have a Benelli moped (or small engine motorcycle) they want to unload??

Put the vibes out there Wes!

Yeah Travis. I think you need another Peugeot, in fact you should get two!

I’m not saying how much I paid, but you can usually find a nice magnum clean for around 750 if you look long and hard.

I’ve been following your restoration John, let me know if you find a close match on the wheel paint. Someone rode around with a flat tire for years so the edge of the rim is super chipped up.

I’m always amazed when I find a bike that has been owned by an unknown number of people and yet somehow it’s not ruined and /or not many parts are lost. I guess my moped karma is finally paying off.

Travis King /

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have 2 gl10 and 1 gt10 in Atlanta I'd let go for the right price.

PMing you now!

Nice! Congrats!

Congrats my dude! Reminds me of our ups only ride back in 2014!

image.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account