Heeters gone, it's cold out there - who got the Heet?

Dunno if y'all remember heeters, (https://www.heeters.com)

up til last week they sold tomos crap, among other stuff for scooters whatever. Well, it looks like they finally threw in the hat, the store was liquidated at auction last Saturday.

https://www.proxibid.com/Metzger-Property-Services/Vehicles-Scooters-Mopeds-Forklift-Signs-Parts/event-catalog/170554

Was curious who scrounged the scraps, or if it just blew away, dust in the wind.

Looks like whoever was paying attention scored some neat stuff, some $1.00 to $3.00 tomos frames, a few fairly complete Tracs for under 5 bucks each, score

Re: Heeters gone, it's cold out there - who got the Heet?

Ahh, I guess I have my answer - anyone paying attention to mopeds on facebook probably saw this rare Zundapp floating about recently - nice score for the crypt keepers! How much of this other stuff you got?!

https://www.proxibid.com/Vehicles-Marine-Aviation/1985-Zundapp-Werke-Munchen/lotInformation/51233147

Dirty30 Dillon /

yeah, he's not jacking the prices up unreasonably - it could've gone to lots of people who'd be selling a weird one like that for a lot more.

Maybe it's a good thing nobody knew, the only difference it'd have made is racking up the bids and sending more money to the Heeters folks and the auctioneers. Instead this way you got a few people scrounging up all the shit so cheap they can sell it, still cheaply, probably have an easier time reaching and distributing stuff to moped people and events, and still pull a little profit for the efforts.

neaters

Heeters gave us the raptor kit, for which every tomos owner should be thankful.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Heeters gave us the raptor kit, for which every tomos owner should be

> thankful.

when i count my blessings i count the raptor kits twice <3

Sorry to see them go. Bought my 2005 25th anniversary TTLX from them. Also met the family once when I was out that way. Dick Heeter had a lot of interesting stories about racing & modifying Tomos 'peds.

Dave especially is missed by many two wheeled fanatical folks, and also a shout out to the Heeter clan who invested many a long day into his business and passion which we all share.

DMW seems to have snagged a bunch of mopeds from Heeters.

Fuckin’ A!!! Who robbed the honey hole???

***Kim Jong illest*** /

i did. i bought it all, basically.

or, i should say treats did. i went to the auction with a blank check from treats. i bought all the bikes except for the ones the treats gang wanted (a few tomos) for myself, and i didnt get the AD because it had a list sitting on top of it listing about a thousand things wrong with it. I kept a few bikes for myself, and a tomos dealer sign, sold most of that already. the rest of the bikes got sold to DMW yesterday. all the motors and parts are heading to treats.

a lot of good stuff will be on the treats website soon. the only thing i kept for myself was the zundapp. i gave the public a shot at it in case it was someones unicorn, but since no bites its going to be my unicorn. everything else went to DMW.

OK, for something completely different......

THIS PART IS FOR ONE GUY, AND ONE GUY ONLY, IF IT AINT YOU, MOVE ALONG.

on the off chance the mumbley guy with the ginger beard and your geriatric girlfriend are reading this, fuck you. i didnt let you buy shit because of the way you were trying to cock block my deals with them a few months prior. we dont act that way in this community, and thats why the only thing you got to go home with was a your minarelli clutch cover and a shitty sachs you had to pay a hundred for. maybe if you hadnt been so greedy in september i would have sold you the minarelli bottom. something to think about next time. to answer your question, yes, i am going to ride that pony. its my favorite pony. i ride that pony every single day. fuck you.(edited)

fierce

Well there’s that

Perfect example^ of : what goes around comes around .

I feel better already.

Wow better than the old eBay butcher 100%

Yeah heeters was great, back before 77 they and moped warehouse were pretty much the only game on the internet.

Everyone thinks it would be great to scoop one of these old moped shops but it's a pain in the ass most of it is junk and it's a ton of work going through everything. Props to Josh for scooping it and making sure it ends up in the right hands

***Kim Jong illest*** /

it WAS a ton of work, and its still not over. my shop is filled to burst with all kinds of shit that still needs to be freighted to treats. the hard part is picking through the crap to get to the gold. there was probably some good money to be made going through everything and parting out stuff but thats more than i want to deal with. outside of the 1 bike i bought purely to make a buck on, a complete streetmate, i sold all the bikes to dmw for 200 bucks flat, and the rest went to treats. it think all said and done, with what i spent at the auction, and transportation costs, and all of that, i made less than $300 profit on the whole deal and thats going to shrink some too as i am really only half way done transporting all this stuff.

to me, it was more important to see this stuff go back to the community and not into a scrap yard, or back into garages, or on some greedy fucks ebay page.

unfortunately, i still dont know where the NOS tomos parts bonanza ended up. i know they wanted about 5x what is was worth, so im SURE it must have gone to someone who thought it was worth even more and will never sell any of it. The dudes wife was kinda under the impression that she was sitting on a mountain of diamonds and would rudely laugh off a fair offer on anything someone tried to buy. sadly, this auction was the only way this stuff was going to sell and i almost feel bad it didnt bring in more money because everyone in that family is pretty cool except her, but then again, i only really ever interacted with her during her grieving process so maybe she was not herself, i dunno. death is hard to cope with and we all do it in our own way.

either way, it all went to good homes, and the community won the day.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

oh yeah, i wasnt able to save the NOS puch or moby stuff (of which there was an ample amount) because the ginger bearded fuck face had swindled the owners wife out of it the first day i got there back in september. he pretty much ransacked the place convincing her it was all worthless and traded his "time and effort" moving parts from one place to another in exchange for all of it plus a truck load of bikes. when i was there trying to save that stuff, everything i tried to make an offer on he would come butt his way into the deal and tell her it was worth much more than it was and crushing the deal. basically, he tried to convince her it was worth gold, then when i asked if the stuff was that valuable, was his work trade worth the thousands of dollars then? it seemed to click with her what had happened and he hurriedly packed his truck up and bolted out of there like a thief in the night. hes a real sack of shit opportunist that took advantage of the heeters family, and did everything he could to try and get everything himself. thats why i over bid him for everything he tried to buy and ran his sachs up a hundred bucks.

anyway...thats the story of the heeters haul. maybe someone has info on where all the tomos stuff ended up, and what they actually paid for it? because im 100% certain that under normal circumstances, a decades old lot of write off over stock would have sold for a reasonable amount if ginger beard mcmumbles hadnt cocked it up for everyone.

Thanks for rescuing all the goods, and keeping it all available to the community. I appreciate your efforts. Sorry you had so much trouble with the Ginger Beard Man. Or is it Ginger Bread Man... he don’t matter.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account