Is projectmopedmanual.com no longer with us?

Terbo Speghetti /

I haven't been able to get it to load in a while. That was a short useful site, I'd be sad to see it gone completely.

Re: Is projectmopedmanual.com no longer with us?

Sundaymorningmotors.com used to have manuals avail for download, not been on there in a while, but worth checking out, they were free downloads.

Terbo Speghetti /

Looks like it went down in 2018. Here is a link to a 2017 snapshot / archive.(edited)

Most of it was translated to a google doc.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A-VWZahNUwwOMdH_KvlOAo8Pie0a2C6L?ths=true

I hope that link works? I'll update in the wiki too.

I think it was Linda(mycider) that ran it?anyway this was the note:

"Welcome to the new Project Moped Manual.

Yes, you’re in the right place.

GoDaddy increased the price of my hosting plan by 40% with no warning because of “server costs”, but told me that I could get the current promotional rate (which was cheaper than my old plan, despite “server costs”) by creating a new hosting plan, re-uploading all of my files, setting up the website all over again, and cancelling the old plan. They also called my website outdated and ugly, which it was, but still, how rude.

Going forward, the domain projectmopedmanual.info will redirect to this series of public Google Drive folders. If you have any problems accessing the files or you’d like to send me new manuals to add to the collection, please e-mail me at projectmopedmanual@gmail.com.

Google Drive is more modern, easier to organize and maintain, and supports secure connections, so this is probably a good thing anyway.

Note that all of the file names are still written with dashes or underscores (Tomos-A3-operator-manual.pdf), so please keep this in mind if you use the search function.

Also, please be patient while I make sure that I have copies of all manuals that were previously external. If you were the originator of any of the manuals here, and you’d rather have me link to your website instead of keeping a copy here, please e-mail me at the above address and I’ll fix it ASAP.

Happy mopedding!

"

Terbo Speghetti /

Thanks Will! I knew someone would have an answer. And yeah, that link works for me! Saving them to my own Google drive just to be safe...

fixed it in the wiki and cut a buncha dead links:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Repair_manual_links

thers a few other great sites in there still

Thanks for updating that info in the wiki!

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> fixed it in the wiki and cut a buncha dead links:

>

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Repair_manual_links

>

> thers a few other great sites in there still

Thanks WillD

> Simon King Wrote:

> Thanks for updating that info in the wiki!

mopedcentral.com

Rob Kane Jr. has plenty of manuals available on his site

If I can find the motivation I'll try to download every manual I can find, turn it into a .zip and upload a torrent. That's pretty much the only way to guarantee that we never lose any info that's already out there

I still have over 6000 manuals digitized but have no where I know to archive them online nor do I know how (I dont really get the webnets, must be a age thing)

Barry (Bob) Brown /

MopedWiki.net will soon be live with all the manuals that I and others have accumulated along with links to instructional videos and sites that are a great resource for parts and stuff.

I know a lot of these are available here and other sites that are still around, I just wanted to help folks out from having to search around.

> Barry (Bob) Brown Wrote:

> MopedWiki.net will soon be live with all the manuals that I and others

> have accumulated along with links to instructional videos and sites that

> are a great resource for parts and stuff.

>

> I know a lot of these are available here and other sites that are still

> around, I just wanted to help folks out from having to search around.

Excellent . Please let us know when , and Thanks for your efforts . :)

Barry (Bob) Brown /

Moped Manuals

though its a crude site right now and the only link working for now is the manuals button, but its a directory of the manuals I have and wish to round up more soon with help from MA. I have more to upload soon and with other sites out there with scans of each page, i just made pdf's of everything to keep it simple. Organizing it currently and putting stuff in folder like - owners manual, ads, workshop and parts manuals - thx to Rebel Moby for the help.(edited)

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Barry (Bob) Brown Wrote:

> MopedWiki.net will soon be live with all the manuals that I and others

> have accumulated along with links to instructional videos and sites that

> are a great resource for parts and stuff.

>

> I know a lot of these are available here and other sites that are still

> around, I just wanted to help folks out from having to search around.

Funny story, I was planning to do a moped wiki (mopedwiki.com) also but have been so caught up with newly married life, my moped stuffs has taken a second seat. I had started it but my host messed up my install and I need to restart it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account