$4500 “souped up” Maxi

Some dingus in Louisville thinks his maxi is worth $4500! Haha

https://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/louisville-puch-moped/7036116540.html

Re: $4500 “souped up” Maxi

Lorenzo (Sanguine Synergy) /

Nah, this is just how you price on craigslist. Insane asking price and then it gets toned down when someone offers.

It's a "I don't want to sell it but will if someone gives a good enough offer" price

Translation He's not going to let it go for $350. I don't blame him it's worth way more than that.

Did the seller screw up and just add an extra "0" to the asking price???

Ad says "Anchorage". Most likely a scam ad in which a legit ad from Anchorage was copied. Scammers are not going to scam for a mere $300-400 at a time.

Pushrod Fifty /

They now charge $5.00 for ads on CL for motorcycles, good in a way that it weeds out the scammers and douchebags that think they have an ingot of gold sitting in their garage.

Terbo Speghetti /

Anyone who is making an excuse for this price is either an idiot or an asshole. There's no excuse for that kind of bullshit, and it's gonna totally fuck some newbie up before they can even get into the scene at all.

Bad form on all fronts, especially the "goes 50 or 60" part

Maybe he doesn't want to sell it , but , his wife demanded he put it up for sale ?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Bad form on all fronts, especially the "goes 50 or 60" part

To be fair it does have a 70cc kit, 24mm mikuni, estoril exhaust, and tall gearing. not to mention if anything internally was done. It might very well hit 50mph. I built a maxi years back with nearly the same kit (no additional porting), 16mm carb, bi-turbo exhaust, and 18x36 gearing and it would do 53mph with my then 160lb self on it. It sucked off the line but it would get there.

Yea but 50 or 60. Like that's a huge difference. It's like "I dont know, It might be a pretty quick kitted bike or it might be one of the fastest maxi's built, hard to tell"

hahaaha price drop....got my eye on a running, riding 74 triumph for 25 benji's...no one wants a f'n moped that bad......do they?!?!(edited)

Pushrod Fifty /

Be prepared to dump a few Benjis onto it.

Bad Cadillac™ /

That's the "I don't really want to sell it but I will show it off on craigslist" post.

> John Maxson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Be prepared to dump a few Benjis onto it.

nature of the leaky beast.......

Terbo Speghetti /

> Bad Cadillac™ Wrote:

> That's the "I don't really want to sell it but I will show it off on

> craigslist" post.

Lol this guy needs his head examined if he thinks that bike is something worth showing off

I just noticed a similar ad on FB Marketplace for a $5000 Motobecane. I sent the guy a text that, given its rusty condition and missing seat, it's probably a $200 bike at best. I did it in a pleasant manner and he appreciated me helping.

He's a scrapper and mentioned that if nobody bought it, he would sell it for scrap. Steel prices are down, so I bet the yard would give him $10 to $20 at most. I hope someone can work out a deal with him.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Yea but 50 or 60. Like that's a huge difference. It's like "I dont know,

> It might be a pretty quick kitted bike or it might be one of the fastest

> maxi's built, hard to tell"

Exactly, anyone serious enough to build one up knows exactly how fast it goes. No if, ands or buts. Ima gonna have to follow up on this ad and report back.

> ID OD Wrote:

> hahaaha price drop....got my eye on a running, riding 74 triumph for 25

> benji's...no one wants a f'n moped that bad......do they?!?!

And the clown left tracks too.... Header now says $2500 while body of ad still shows original $4500 price

Screenshot_2019-12-12-01-00-53.png

Ok, this a legit ad but the kid doesn't have a clue... When I asked what crank it has in it, he didn't know. He bought it from someone else who did the work. He told me it goes 60 mph and I asked him how he knows that cause the speedo doesn't read that high. He fumbled for words before he could mention a car driving beside it. When I asked him what kind of car he could not answer. At that point I said thanks and gave a nice day.(edited)

30 kind of feels like 60 when you are used to riding a 10 speed.... :)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> 30 kind of feels like 60 when you are used to riding a 10 speed.... :)

Ya, it was a young kid, so I took it easy on him and was straight to the point without being condescending. Someone else will need to let him know the true value of it.

Overpriced Parts /

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 30 kind of feels like 60 when you are used to riding a 10 speed.... :)

>

> Ya, it was a young kid, so I took it easy on him and was straight to the

> point without being condescending. Someone else will need to let him

> know the true value of it.

When I90 was being built through the neighborhoods of Cleveland cutting right through every side street on the west side, goin down hill I beat every moped with my French 10 speed bike except my Italavo moped that hit 43 downhill

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account