Tomos Puch 80cc motor kit?? Reeds?? Show me

So I'm searching 4 images of a 80cc Puch metra kit that has had alterations to install 4 panel reed block.... I'm sure it can be done and I'm probably not searching correctly but I have a Puch 80cc metric kit and I want to fit it on my a55 cases and I would like to keep my reeds.. I don't mind doing Dremel work but I'm looking for information before I start dremeling this dinosaur kit that once was the king of the streets... I would like to bring this monster back to be king.. lol

Re: Tomos Puch 80cc motor kit?? Reeds?? Show me

Keep your reeds? A55 doesn't have reeds. It's piston port like the metra.

Terbo Speghetti /

Yeah, adding reeds to piston port setups is really only beneficial if you're gonna do the porting that it enables.

Better off getting a reed kit. Or a case inducted bike.

Ok...thank you...

I have a Tomos a55 cases that I will port match to fit a Puch metra kit and I know how to space it and get my squish right but I was wondering if I could modify the kit to accept my for pedal reed kit that I'm currently running... I know people port and modify kits... But I didn't know if I could add reeds by cutting a few fins and then cutting the hole and then tapping the four screw holes... Maybe I should have worded it differently... If I can't do it because it will mess up the way the kit works... Then maybe I'll trade it for a big kit with reeds..

It's a little something I thought I would do over the winter... After Christmas...

Screenshot_20191209-114128.png
Screenshot_20191205-095646~2.png

I know.... I'm wondering if I could cut that metrakit and install my 4 pedal reed block that I run on my tomos now...

I love my reeds...lol but I guess I'm going to have to kiss them goodbye...

Below is my pictures of the metrakit and my Tomos engine that I'm installing it on...

I think this engine is going to rip for sure but I just didn't know if I could modify the kit to accept my reedblock...

I read a post where someone cut a hole in their e50 case and made it work.. but I've never seen someone cut a kit up...

Thanks for the reply

Screenshot_20191209-114128.png
Screenshot_20191205-095646~2.png

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Theoretically it's possible, but I think you'd be better off leaving it as a piston port in your case. They do make reed adapters that accept a different reed block than what you have, but there's very little clearance between the cylinder and the frame of the tomos, that you'd have a hard time making it work with any bolt on parts there may be. You would also need to cut a hole in the piston.

If you want reeds in general, go gila, and buy the custom intake for it for tomos. Much easier and straightforward.(edited)

If you're awl hell bent on reeds this would be easier.....

https://www.treatland.tv/performance-reed-block-for-piston-ports-n-more-p/cnc-piston-port-reed-adapt-dio.htm

https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-reed-block-intake-adapter-p/mlm-puch-reed-adapter-758.htm

That's if you have the room. Idk if I would hack up a metra 80 kit though. Maybe a 47mm airsal.

NEEDS MOAR RTV!

Thank you very much and I did not even know that part existed... I'm just looking at options and I know this is the only place I could talk to people who have made kits like these work... It's crazy how much I've read on here and there has never been any proper instructions on what type of spacing you need for this kit to work on a55 Tomos....I'm sure there have been many people who have done it...maybe if I get it to work I will post it...

Thank you

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> NEEDS MOAR RTV!

LMFAO

Ha ha...funny...I love it....I completely understand why people don't like to post questions....or pictures... So what happened was my grandmother was borrowing my moped.... And she noticed while she was at a red light there was transmission fluid leaking out very fast... She was thinking it wasn't her but when she got to the next light she realized there was purple power all over the bike... So unfortunately where she lives there isn't a treats store on the corner that's selling gaskets... She thought to herself she may wait till she gets home because she would be able to make a gasket and then she started thinking that that actual gasket it's not worth going through all that... So then she goes to the local hardware store and mind you it's a little cold out...and she's old so she bought a tube of what she could find and her little hands were shaking pretty bad while she was squeezing that tube and she ended up squeezing too much on... She was so worried I was going to be upset so all I could do was comfort her and tell grandma she did the right thing....

Now That's funny!!!

Where is the guy who comments and says damn you're pretty lucky to be able to find one of those kits and they used to be king of the streets back in the day... And when you get that kit on that Tomos... You will end up forgetting about there's Reed valves...

Trust and believe he has his eyes on you. Oh and you do know you have to bore your cases right?

IMG_20191128_120629.jpg
IMG_20191128_120706.jpg
IMG_20191128_184633.jpg

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> NEEDS MOAR RTV!

Gasket thickness is related to proper shimming as well - no gasket = improper clearance

Both probably ran fine though, just mopeds

Using RTV is one thing, dressing a gasket with RTV boils my blood

> river 2strokes Wrote:

> > Graham Motzing Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > NEEDS MOAR RTV!

>

> Using RTV is one thing, dressing a gasket with RTV boils my blood

^^^^^ truth. But if a little old lady really did it I'll let it pass either way.

Looks like she hit up both motors....

> river 2strokes Wrote:

> > Graham Motzing Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > NEEDS MOAR RTV!

>

> Gasket thickness is related to proper shimming as well - no gasket =

> improper clearance

>

> Both probably ran fine though, just mopeds

>

> Using RTV is one thing, dressing a gasket with RTV boils my blood

Just a thin thin coat of rtv! It works great buddy :) don’t let that stuff get to you, you can ether be the cool guy in the shop or the ocd bitch :)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Moral: Don't let grandma ride your moped because apparently she is a poor mechanic.

That's cool man.... You know how it is taking these transmission covers off 10 times a night trying to dial in a new clutch and changing different fluids and trying to attack and kill weird noises...

Especially towards the end of the season but yes I know now.... That's why they're getting a complete overhaul...

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

Reed valve Metra 80's are possible, and glorious. Our crew has done it, and I know that the MPB fam has done this too...

MA has those history lessons:

metra 80 reed valve Huh?

Get messy, have fun, and post your results for the masses...

> Rocco Taco

> Just a thin thin coat of rtv! It works great buddy :) don’t let that

> stuff get to you, you can ether be the cool guy in the shop or the ocd

> bitch :)

When Rocco shows up to anyone’s shop after they read his posts:

wow I had no idea that 80cc kit brought that much attention back in the day...i know I read it somewhere it used to be the king of the streets until the Gila... just reading that little bit of information has given me a whole world of thinking to do...

I didn't finish reading it yet ..I'm hoping to see a video at the end because I haven't seen any videos of any Tomos has running any big kits..I have seen video of fast e50 ...

... My tomos chopper is pretty fast with the treats party pack kit and the four petal Reed and the vm20 and the jammer with asbestos second gear clutch and the Parma kit CDI box... I started out with that treats party pack and realized after I bought and installed the smaller piston airsail kit for my wifes Tomos... I knew I bought the wrong one, because I swear this acceleration with the vm18 and that airsail kit is a lot different from mine... I know her acceleration is better... I know the bike is lighter in my top tank... But her low-end power is so fast moving and going up hills... Even before I put that rival tire on ...I used to have 31x20 gearing on my little blue top tank.... But then I built the chopper and moved the engine to it.... I'm alot more comfy now! The chopper is so much better.. and with the revival dish sprocket and the jammer clutch, it balanced everything well...my clutch was slipping so bad before with the 31... I tell you what those revival bikes are ugly in my opinion.... But they're so beautiful because every single part on it is usable.... I'm sure I'm going to use the frame for something great...I would love to put a little 65 SX engine on that frame... And build one hella fast top tank...!! I will be very sad to lose petals because I think that's the only thing that is my #1 real favorite about mopeds...☹️

IMG_20191205_191952.jpg
15760233953303431967867936253363.jpg
IMG_20191205_175959.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was wondering how to fit it in ...

I feel like an idiot...

Hey Brandon,

I appreciate that man...

I already have the metra kit and I have a set of e50 cases that have been completely done to fit that kit... Maybe I ought to put it up for trade...I'm torn and do not know what kit will perform better... I think that's why mopeds are so freaking cool... Everyone gets different results...I love it... But you're right I would be able to keep the reeds... I'm going to do more research before I attempt anything...thank you

Screenshot_20191211-112626~2.png
Screenshot_20191211-112636~2.png
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account