Gas 'cans'

What type do you use to store gas , so you don't have to fill up at stations ?

The talk about gas reminded me that I have to replace my plastic gas container .

I left it in the sun way too long , which bleached the red out and weakened the plastic .

Now , if I hold the container normally when filling my bike , gas leaks through a crack in the upper 'shoulder' of the 'can' .

I guess I shouldn't complain . The container is as old as some of the forum participants . Still ... :(

Re: Gas 'cans'

eagle type 1 safety can

Metal 5 gallon jerry can, the new plastic cans are crap, ventless junk, thank you EPA. I buy the old metal ones at yard sales, the new ones leak at the spout with all the bullshit valving.

2.5 plastic can be carried easily on the rack or basket of any ped. Y'all aint drivin' four wheelers to get fuel are ya???(edited)

Yep, put the jerry can in the rusty trusty ped hauler....

187.jpg

these are the best plastic cans for your money all the other ones simply do not work, literally can't work the nozzle

gas can

(edited)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Metal 5 gallon jerry can, the new plastic cans are crap, ventless junk,

> thank you EPA. I buy the old metal ones at yard sales, the new ones leak

> at the spout with all the bullshit valving.

So true about the plastic ones. I have a horrible plastic 2 gallon can and it is such a pain in the butt to use.

Need to find a metal one like we have at my work.

They are round with the lever on the handle and the funnels that clip on to the neck. So simple and effective

The issue is venting, the new ones don't, well they "do" through that crappy "no spill spout design", you can heat up a nail and poke it through the top half of your can, and it will help with pouring, the greenies got down on vented cans as people are lazy and rarely closed the vents, or the cap was lost etc, fumes did escape, but based on other polluting things it hardly worth worrying about, what you spill with these new cans is more than ever vented. Kind of like low-flow toilets, you are not saving any water when you have to flush the pos 6 times to clear it! People mean well, but don't really think things through. You can get good cans at flea markets, garage sales in older neighborhoods. My Dad has a few older than I'am, lol, og cork gasket on the spout, kind of dingy but un rusted on the inside and does not leak a drop, you can screw the old vent cap on tight if you care, why is this still not the standard?

Exactly how many big macs a day are you and Dear Leader eating, man? because Ive literally never had a problem with a low flow toilet in my life

I tried the new fangled ones with the valves and shutoff in the spout and never spilled as much gas in my life. Hardware store was not so eager to take it back when I tried to return it because I had put gas in it (how else would I know it leaked) so I took it behind the barn and gave it both barrels and put the pieces into the recycling blue bag.

I have four of these older ones, various sizes, dirty and well used, I have some spare gaskets, spouts and vent caps (brand new in their packages) and they do not leak or weep. Probably the Greta Thunbergs of the world would tell me to be ashamed for using my old cans, but they do not leak when used and are air tight when closed, unlike the 'greener' piece of crap I tried, so when the newer ones are safe perhaps I will get one... if I have a old one that fails.

gascan.jpg

I've been using Jaz Jugs for 15 years. Still have the same one that I used with my Yamaha Blaster in 2004. They're described as utility jugs so no extra "features". A little spendy but worth it.

5-gallon-jaz-jugs.jpg

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Metal 5 gallon jerry can, the new plastic cans are crap, ventless junk,

> thank you EPA. I buy the old metal ones at yard sales, the new ones leak

> at the spout with all the bullshit valving.

Two companies I know of still make metal cans. No need to waste time or fuel looking for old ones that might be rusted out or leak. Menards has them in stock every day. Dont have a Menards?? Eagle and Justrite are the manufacturers and I'm sure they can be found else where if not direct.

Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-18-13.png
Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-22-16.png
Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-22-45.png

(edited)

> Jesse Simonsen Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Metal 5 gallon jerry can, the new plastic cans are crap, ventless

> junk,

>

> > thank you EPA. I buy the old metal ones at yard sales, the new ones

> leak

>

> > at the spout with all the bullshit valving.

>

> So true about the plastic ones. I have a horrible plastic 2 gallon can

> and it is such a pain in the butt to use.

>

> Need to find a metal one like we have at my work.

>

> They are round with the lever on the handle and the funnels that clip on

> to the neck. So simple and effective

Menards.... Less than $40

Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-21-23.png

(edited)

I grabbed one of these during the summer:

TERA PUMP 2AA Baterry Hand Fuel Pumps

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X3YGHH0/

still on original set of rechargeable aa batteries. moved at least 20g through it! so much easier than juggling cans and funnels and making a fucking mess.

This weird thing I got from a gas station (not my picture but the spout is the same). I have never seen anyone complicate the simple act of pouring a liquid this much. You normally have to push that stupid red lever down while you're pouring but I think mine got stuck :)

Next time I'm buying a metal jerry can.

(edited)

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Metal 5 gallon jerry can, the new plastic cans are crap, ventless

> junk,

>

> > thank you EPA. I buy the old metal ones at yard sales, the new ones

> leak

>

> > at the spout with all the bullshit valving.

>

> Two companies I know of still make metal cans. No need to waste time or

> fuel looking for old ones that might be rusted out or leak. Menards has

> them in stock every day. Dont have a Menards?? Eagle and Justrite are

> the manufacturers and I'm sure they can be found else where if not

> direct.

> >

Those round ones are the exact ones I was talking about. They are great

A bit pricey though

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCY1NRV/

Looks like I bought it at the right time. Metal with bumper guards and a bleed valve and no restriction spout. Fits perfect on the back of any moped with a rack. I'll probably look for a 1 gallon jerry can style eventually but I mostly see only 5 gallons at a quick look.

Barry (Bob) Brown /

I carry this -but its just to get me to a station if I'm low. Holds .4 gallons.

gas.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRFF4LW/

I add these to my plastic cans. They include a seal able vent so they pour like the old style.

no groms no blasters /

unlike you poor people, I never run out of gas. I have my staff follow me around in one of these:

Last gas can(plastic) I bought, I just took a drill and fixed my own vent in the snout. Works a little slow cause I need to drill a little bigger hole. LOL!

Terbo Speghetti /
Screenshot_20191208-223406_eBay.jpg

I've wanted one of these bad boys for my garage for a few years now. Just never been sure about how long I could keep it premixed.

Maybe if i figured out how to just inject oil into the gas as it pumps.....

i really like the Blitz brand ones with the pull-out spout, for mopeds this is hands-down the best design out there, i have one left and i use it on one of my premix cans.

gasspout.jpg

i've had pretty good luck finding them along side of the road, the last 5 or 6 i've gotten that way.

there are a few companies now selling aftermarket spouts you can buy to get rid of the valve nonsense. i have a valve one that works really good, i took it apart and modded it to get rid of the catch and cut the spring way shorter so its easy to push, i actually like it now, mostly use it for filling up the tractors or four wheeler or big stuff since its a 5 gal.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> i really like the Blitz brand ones with the pull-out spout, for mopeds

> this is hands-down the best design out there, i have one left and i use

> it on one of my premix cans.

>

> i've had pretty good luck finding them along side of the road, the last

> 5 or 6 i've gotten that way.

>

> there are a few companies now selling aftermarket spouts you can buy to

> get rid of the valve nonsense. i have a valve one that works really

> good, i took it apart and modded it to get rid of the catch and cut the

> spring way shorter so its easy to push, i actually like it now, mostly

> use it for filling up the tractors or four wheeler or big stuff since

> its a 5 gal.

^This. Absolutely the best spout out there.

for those who think the term "no spill" is universal.

yes, most new plastic cans are trash. these are not.

BLITZ

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> i really like the Blitz brand ones with the pull-out spout, for mopeds

> this is hands-down the best design out there,

I have a 5 gal kerosene can like this. Rotate the cap to bottom while pouring and it will catch any minor drips 95% of the time. Good can.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

All my unvented cans have spouts #1, #2, and #6, and spout #5 is a no-no.

Francis Cronley /

I use these VP Fuel Jugs and love em. Available for $36 at Walmart online. I have a bunch of cool colors but those are extra

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account