Puch base gasket?

john cervini /
20191202_102550.jpg

I just removed the original base gasket from my za50. It measures. 25mm. The thinnest I can find is 1mm. Could the original have shrunk/crushed down to. 25mm?

Re: Puch base gasket?

oh yeah it'll compress. you can also just check the exhaust port vs piston at BDC looking down the cylinder with the head off.

not sure, but treats has a 0.5mm version which is at least a lot closer. https://www.treatland.tv/puch-tomos-moped-base-gasket-5mm-p/puch-tomos-base-gasket-.5mm.htm

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> oh yeah it'll compress. you can also just check the exhaust port vs

> piston at BDC looking down the cylinder with the head off.

I would do this with the old one to see where you currently are before ordering new one(s).

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> oh yeah it'll compress. you can also just check the exhaust port vs

> piston at BDC looking down the cylinder with the head off.

Yeah but many times on a magnum need a thicker base gasket so the transfer ports are open when Piston is bottom dead center (BDC) so a thin one the piston top sides will block transfers,

I base space up cylinder and or so piston mods to get ports full open at bdc then sand head tabs and ring down flat to gain compression back,

Also most times the piston skirt on a magnum cylinder Will be a third of the way into the intake port at top dead center so after base spacing mark and trim away piston skirt with a Dremel,

Doing these simple mods while the cylinder off could give you 50% more horsepower if not more and double the horsepower if you run a performance filter and mod stock pipe or run small performance pipe!

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> Doing these simple mods while the cylinder off could give you 50% more

> horsepower if not more and double the horsepower if you run a

> performance filter and mod stock pipe or run small performance pipe!

Here we go again.

john cervini /

Thanks for all the help. I will check everything with the original gasket and report back. Trying to keep this stock but may consider the mods Ken suggested.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account