Is this tire safe?

I changed the tire on my Zuma and had a tire shop inflate it for me. I'll upload a pic.

Here is a video as well

(edited)

77360783_424299798452810_3267900049836736512_n.jpg

Re: Is this tire safe?

The bead isn’t fully seated

No scooter tire is safe

What would happen if I ride it and hit a bump? Ive test drove it a little already but not hard.

Captain Janeway /

Get it seated properly. Accident waiting to happen

^ for sure, scooters are unstable enough without a sudden flat, especially on the front.

Probably be best to deflate it and get it squared on the rim right then air it back up or probably take it to a different tire shop if thats the way they left it because had they done it right you wouldn't have it aired up that way.it looks like they didn't use any lube to make it push out on the bead...and to answer your two questions ..it might pop itself out on the rim by riding it but probably not...second it is not really safe to ride it that way because it is going to wobble ..(edited)

If it isn't leaking then it's totally safe. Sometimes it takes a little ride time to get the bead fully seated. I would inflate it past the riding pressure to get it seated but not beyond about 50 psi. You might need to deflate it and then spray some soapy water in the bead before repressurizing to get it set.

> Peter Fondue Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No scooter tire is safe

LOL! Hear,HEAR!

As already mentioned, bead of tire is not seated on rim. Tire lube aids with this but can sometimes still require temporary over inflation of the tire to achieve a seated bead.

I really hope this is not a result of you cutting/damaging the bead when installing the tire.(edited)

Yes keep inflating it with air....

I know it's tough but if you let some air out and put some soap on it... And then keep filling it ..... boom...it will seat correct

Hmm , looks to me that the rest of the bead is seated , except the portion shown in the pic . That seems to be pushed past proper 'alignment' .

And , the bulge in the sidewall doesn't look very healthy either .

Not sure I'd trust that tire .

i think it's just not seated and not a tire problem, if that one point would slip out it'd probably be OK. you can deflate and tryn get some soap in under the lip there, something slippery but impermanent though, thats why soap is good, dont use grease or anything. also no petrochemicals.

then either overpressure it to like 60 and see if it pops out, or bounce it on the ground, sometimes you can whack that side of the tire on the ground to like pull/pop it into place

Watch the video . The bead is seated in all but the one place . That place is pushed out , past the proper seat and also has a bulge in the sidewall .

Definitely not copacetic .

> P D Wrote:

> Watch the video . The bead is seated in all but the one place . That

> place is pushed out , past the proper seat and also has a bulge in the

> sidewall .

>

> Definitely not copacetic .

I tried but I'm outta high speed data until midnight.

Yep didn’t even notice that at first, outer tire not even completely over the rim

> P D Wrote:

> Watch the video . The bead is seated in all but the one place . That

> place is pushed out , past the proper seat and also has a bulge in the

> sidewall .

>

> Definitely not copacetic .

Is the size of the tire you bought the same size as the tire that was on the bike?

Or: what size is specified in the owner's manual as compared to the size of the one you bought?

Mike

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account