How fast can you make a v1 engine..any videos?

I'm looking to make a fast moped... I know we all are lol... I'm brainstorming and I have a nice v1 motor... Single speed... With the adapters I can make it a reed valve... I'm curious I hear these motors are like tanks and very reliable and it seems like they have so many kits.... If money was no object and you could do one the way you want... Have they ever gone in the high 60 mile-per-hour range?... I have a rival frame and I know they're strong.. could this be the motor I need for that frame? I feel like I could make a really nice top tank with it... It would be cool to see a video of a V1 rippin dicks...

My engine runs now but it's very slow I'm sure... I know variegated motors go fast but that has to be saved for a Moby... Anyone's thoughts or comments are welcome thank you

Re: How fast can you make a v1 engine..any videos?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Depends on the work you wanna do

You could get a spacer and slap a puch Gila on it and go that easy

Or you could get crazy with the reeds

Or just gear it tall on a polini

Super fast. V1s are amazing platforms

I hope you get some decent responses here. Just a stock motor with 11T front sprocket and 44T rear sprocket should go 30 mph. I swapped the rear sprocket to a 36T (30 years ago) and it would go 40 mph. Takeoff and hill climbing was horrible, but top end on level ground/downhill was a blast. A good kit and such JUST HAS TO do considerably better than that. Most of my bikes are V1 and I want to kit at least one of them next year.

12/42 gearing I think (might have to look at the chart and confirm, polini, blue springs, VM 18

+50mph

Thank you very much... I'm just in a pickle situation and I'm trying to figure out what to do... I didn't want to spent a bunch of money on a motor that was no good... But there are so many kits available and I may be thinking more available than Tomos... And I know that they are 100% completely bulletproof... I don't think there's too much I can do with this frame ...it's a motrion... I've googled images for these mopeds and there are not many custom ones... I think I may even have the Reed inducted engine...

IMG_20191124_135441.jpg
IMG_20191125_205436.jpg

Just an FYI that you do not have the reed inducted engine.

Now I'm even MORE interested, because that's my favorite brand!

Thanks Dave... I saw the Black cover they have four screws in it... But I didn't have a chance to check until last night and I realized that... It only took a minute when I pulled the two screws out... I'm just learning... Sounds like you know a lot about them... Is that all the information you have related to the topic?...

We asked questions like these not so people can give up their secrets but really to learn from... It takes me awhile to make decisions and if I'm going to take this moped apart and rebuild the motor I just want to know if I'm going to waste my time or not because I'm looking for something that runs a little different than a Tomos... I have a lot of them and I've built them up pretty far and I'm ready for something different I also have the movie but building a V10 right now is going to be highly expensive.... So I thought I could get a few pointers on moped army and for somebody to maybe share a video or something... I didn't think that was too much to ask... So far I know that these engines are tanks and fairly reliable... I've got a heavy frame for my rival that I'm thinking of turning into a top tank or maybe I'll take this motor on a part and make it a top tank... And we all know that mopeds stock only go 25 miles per hour and I would hate to put another three to five hundred into it and realize I could have threw my Tomos engine on and get the same results... I don't know if these single speed engines have a lot of power or have trouble going up hills because I like to cruise around 40 45 miles an hour... I love mopeds but it's all new to me so I'm not sure where else to turn but to moped army....

There is a lot of kits for these bikes available and I believe I saw one go up to 90 cc's.... I also think I saw a aluminum Reed adapter block that I could put on and I would be able to make it Reed inducted.... Believe me I'm doing a lot of research and I got it all cleaned up last night but I still haven't taken it for a ride... I can't keep every single bike and I would run out of room very fast so bottom line is I'm trying to find out if this one's a keeper or not... Thank you so much everyone for your time and comments I really appreciate it...

IMG_20191127_000547.jpg
IMG_20191126_225603.jpg

Weird. I looked at the tuners spreadsheet and don't see much. If you go Gila, talk with Doug at LSLB. He's racing a V1 right now and is knowledgeable on Gila.

If you're going 60+mph, it really requires a full tear down and all new components (brakes, tires, suspension, bottom end..)

It's an undertaking and definitely worth it if you want to throw 3-4 months at a project.

Looks "interesting/odd" as a top tank. Would you keep both and tie them together? As interesting as it looks, didn't you just add a few extra pounds to the bike?

You probably want to kit a V1 with a roller crank and not the bushing type. It's the later models that tend to be roller bearing... or so I'm told. I really need to man up and learn how to rebuild them since I have 16 bikes with V1's.

I know they make 12 and 13 tooth front sprockets for V1's, but do they fit or do you have to modify your case drastically? Does anybody have pictures of that?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

V1 bushings are fine, but I've definitely shattered a bushing crank on a puch Eurokit

I still don't get what changing the clutch springs does. Tighter springs just engage the clutch a little later, delaying takeoff. If you need to pull out into traffic and get up to speed, you rev your engine and wait a bit longer. It won't give the engine more RPM'S and increase top speed, so what's the point?

It's about stall speed. Heavyr springs allow the engine to rev higher before engagement. Higher revs = more torque, acceleration, low end for hills

If you’re not interested in pursuing the motron as a fast bike, I’ll buy it off ya. But combining a polini 80, phbg 19, and EV turbo is an extremely easy way to hit upper 40s with plenty of torque. There’s so much aftermarket and like others have pointed out, you can run puch kits/pipes with a little work.

Stiffer clutch is good for launches, hold the brake, rev it up, and blast off. No Flintstone foot-flapping starts.

Also keeps the revs in the pipe's powerband. Set it up right for racing, and it slips more out of corners, which increases rpms, gets on the pipe quicker, and you go faster.

Too much slip is bad, and no slip is worse.

Simple way to make a V1 fast is a polini kit, bigger carb (I like the polini CP) and a good pipe.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account