Found this in an antique mall

Saw this in a shop and thought it may be fun for my son (He’s 12)

I don’t know a lot about them, but they’re only asking $200 for it.

Is this something I can find parts for if needed? Is it worth the effort?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

C9CA286D-D89C-4A0A-A086-3AED178F9F20.jpeg

Re: Found this in an antique mall

Great deal. Minarelli parts a very easy to find. That's a complete example of that model and parts specific to that frame aren't terrible to source either.

it has a minarelli v1 motor. easy to work on and easy to get parts for. worth 200, but maybe they would take less..

Hey didja know??? thats a minerelli v1 motor. Someone has added the white fuel tank, so it has two tanks now.

For sure worth it, see what it would cost to title if you need it, these are not great off road, and in most states you need to be 15 to ride a moped legally. I would love to find a moped in an antique store, there are 4 right near me! :)

You kidding? In an antique shop?!? That is a sweet find... my state wont allow road use of a moped til you're 16 with a drivers permit, but no laws against riding around on your own property. My 11 year old son LOVES riding my 'peds around our driveway... which is, admittedly- fairly large lol. Totally worth buying and wrenching! Get your son in on the repair!

20191111_1417030.jpg

Pure joy on that 11 year old face!!

Good deal to me- if you dont buy it, i would!

Fantastic price for that bike! Get it before someone else does. Even if it needs the usual tires, tubes, petcock and engine rebuild, you would probably would come under the $500 mark for a complete,nice, stock bike.

You or the lad would be beating off the females with a stick. Or at least the guys at a moped rally, lol.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Yes buy it! And the second tank was a factory or dealer option, not custom.

Jim Strolin /

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I’ll stop in next time it opens and see if it starts. Sounds like an easy investment even if my 12 year old can’t ride it yet. (I think NY requires a license for any motorized vehicle, but I’ll check)

Anyone know what the manufactures top speed is for this?

NY breaks down the requirements according to speed.

CEF6CAE2-9EAC-411F-B74F-029429A532CF.jpeg

Looks like there's no high tension wire to the spark plug. I'd take a look and see if the coil is missing also.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It’s not gonna start without a spark plug wire. Just make sure the motor turns over smoothly.

Josiah Radebaugh /

I say buy it. Try to haggle them down to $150, if not I say its still worth it. Bet It'd clean up nice. WD40 and steel wool for the chrome, maybe wash and wax for the paint.

Jeffrey Strichart /

I got my 1978 Maxi at an antique shop.

20191030_162432.jpg

Looks like you and the kiddo will have a lot of fun with that - SO EXCELLENT

Jim Strolin /

How fast do they go?

Most mopeds were imported into USA in knock down kit form so the dealer could offer them in one of the three flavors 20-25-30mph, depending on where it was being delivered or supplied.

Regardless, you can always limit the throttle so it would be a 15mph for your kiddo to start with until he gets skills and you have confidence in the riding abilities.

> Jim Strolin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How fast do they go?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account