Magnum x resto with mods

James McKenzie /

Hey been giving the old Mag X a restoration of sorts.. bit tight so i kinda made the side guards and rear mud guard rather than new from euro as my only salvageable plastic was the front guard.. few new concepts still ongoing but almost acceptable as a persoanlised representation of the original factory model. haha currently on the last job. working on a seat shaping my foam/ mold copy for the real foam or I'll see how this foam filler holds up i might just use it.. thoughs ? :) Jim, Australia

15742515218377559955291484113433.jpg
20191120_230939.jpg

Re: Magnum x resto with mods

todd amundson /

So you made those two white side panels and a mud guard? How are they made, printing? Look factory to me.

James McKenzie /

Cheers. Fibreglass with a whole heep of body filler and glaze filler to get it as smooth as possible. I had the exhaust side guard too copy off its was mostly broken but cut the bottom section off on my design. Tbe other side was just my me wingin it i guess haha.. i think they came out ok..

> James McKenzie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Cheers. Fibreglass with a whole heep of body filler and glaze filler to

> get it as smooth as possible. I had the exhaust side guard too copy off

> its was mostly broken but cut the bottom section off on my design. Tbe

> other side was just my me wingin it i guess haha.. i think they came out

> ok..

Wow, that's pretty damn good

James McKenzie /

Thanks Nick, Just wish it looked this good when i had it as a kid. She was a bit of a rougher lookin bike before i decided too pull it out of the shed and tidy it up. Anyone else been making parts from scratch ? Or just a fix up project they are working on ? This is what it looked like when i pulled it in to the workshop

20190104_002823.jpg

Damn that’s a 180 right there excellent resto!

James McKenzie /

Cheers, Now all i have too do is upholster this seat..

James McKenzie /

Yep that will be prefect.. I really can't no at that price haha. Thanks a bunch. I know its not a buy + sell thread but anyone know where i can get a set of foot peg spring's for this Magnum X? I've checked all the usual sites treats,jmpb etc but can't seem too find any :( I've got the left foot peg spring but not the right side.. had a go at making the 1 but it's average at best lol.

15744001712488590452687179390079.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account