Stolen - Onyx RCR - San Francisco

Just got my bike stolen from the 5th & Mission Garage (motorcycle section). I had set the alarm and locked it to the inside of the building at 8:50AM on 11/17/19. When I got out of work at 6PM it was gone. Filed a police report and talked to the garage management/security. Apparently they did capture something on one camera, but I have to have a police investigator pick up the footage.

The bike is base model (haven't owned it long enough to customize), no identifiable custom bits. It had the stock rear rack installed and the charge cable is dangling out the hole on the front right of the tank/body near the fork.

I was told this is a good place to post about it. Keep an eye out for me. Thanks.

IMG_20190923_221603.jpg

Re: Stolen - Onyx RCR - San Francisco

Jeremy Homser /

Dude that sucks. I will definitely be on the lookout

I'm in the south bay and will keep a eye out for it.

Well since you spent 4K on the moped surely you spent the $22 to get a plate and register it right?

> Jackerz ! Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Well since you spent 4K on the moped surely you spent the $22 to get a

> plate and register it right?

Dam kick him while he's down. Surely that comment will help him get the moped back.

> DJLou Magnetos ($M$) Wrote:

> > Jackerz ! Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Well since you spent 4K on the moped surely you spent the $22 to get a

>

> > plate and register it right?

>

> Dam kick him while he's down. Surely that comment will help him get the

> moped back.

Well Lou, just asking because I’ve had mopeds stolen in sf and the only way cops will help is if it has registration. If No registration cops will let the thief ride off with your bike (happened to me). Also it’s a little hint too since you can register the bike after it’s stolen. might be a good thing to do if it’s spotted so you can make the cops do their job. So ya that’s the best advice one could give the guy to get his moped back. but I’m sure you know more than me since you live in Sf/bay.. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

This honestly sucks. Not in CA, but I hope it get recovered.

> Jackerz ! Wrote:

> > DJLou Magnetos ($M$) Wrote:

>

>

> > > Jackerz ! Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Well since you spent 4K on the moped surely you spent the $22 to get

> a

>

> >

>

> > > plate and register it right?

>

> >

>

> > Dam kick him while he's down. Surely that comment will help him get

> the

>

> > moped back.

>

> Well Lou, just asking because I’ve had mopeds stolen in sf and the only

> way cops will help is if it has registration. If No registration cops

> will let the thief ride off with your bike (happened to me). Also it’s a

> little hint too since you can register the bike after it’s stolen. might

> be a good thing to do if it’s spotted so you can make the cops do their

> job. So ya that’s the best advice one could give the guy to get his

> moped back. but I’m sure you know more than me since you live in

> Sf/bay..

You're right, my mistake on not picking up all that information from your previous comment.

My comment doesn't claim to know anything. Simply that your comment comes across as sarcastic to the loss of his moped. But on the upside now that you have put me in my place, he has some useful information on recovering his moped.

WOW - that is like taking a piss in a buskers guitar case

> Jackerz ! Wrote:

> Well since you spent 4K on the moped surely you spent the $22 to get a

> plate and register it right?

That totally sux to have your ride stolen. I hope it gets recovered.

Search Craigslist and letgo everyday for anyone trying to unload it. Also, start with 50 or so flyers printed up with your best pic and info included. Place them everywhere that has good foot traffic (with permission of course). Offer a reward if need be. Meet and greet your local uniform patrols with said fliers when you run into them.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> WOW - that is like taking a piss in a buskers guitar case

>

> > Jackerz ! Wrote:

>

>

> > Well since you spent 4K on the moped surely you spent the $22 to get a

>

> > plate and register it right?

He literally JUST explained what he meant, and apologized for coming across as rude.

> Guthrie Mass Wrote:

> He literally JUST backpedalled what he meant, and apologized for coming

> across as rude.

FTFY. at least it came off that way. But lets not dwell on that, I just wanted to illustrate why it still seems inappropriate. Some empathy and tact go along way when someone's been victimized and asking for help...

To add advice, i'd set up a craigslist and facebook alert, you can do that with "If this then that" or other apps. Unfortunately you'll wanna search for batteries too. that's gonna be the most valuable part and easiest to sell for quick profit to some E-bike builders.

If it was just a crime of convenience, homeless folks or people looking to snag quick cash for drugs or whatever just walking off with stuff but not knowing what they've got, those dont wind up on craiglist, those usually wind up in scrapyards or pawn shops.

If it was kids, also not knowing what it was, those ones usually get abandoned after a joyride and get found near where it was taken from. Often they'll get called in as an abandoned vehicle and get put in police impound, at which point you can kinda say good bye. Well, that's not totally true, that bike's worth quite a bit; but if it winds up in police custody, don't expect them to tell you, you'll have to call or visit the yards. if you can prove it to be yours, expect them to extort at least a few hundred dollars, it's expensive but usually not over 1000. Sometimes the best bet is to wait a few months til the yard auctions it off and see if you can buy it back for less than the impound lot fees.

^ Right here.

Probably Fred /

Yeah so sorry some meth head took yours and Moped army will be looking out for it and the parts if it’s parted out but solid-state battery vehicles are new fad

Dillon Morris /

Yeah, I hadn’t registered the thing with the DMV and I’m hoping it isn’t going to immediately shelf the investigation. This would have probably helped.

Dillon Morris /

I’ve been searching online. Haven’t thought about physical flyers. That might be a good idea, but I’d imagine whoever took it moved it far away.

Dillon Morris /

Thanks, I’m appreciative of all the responses and ideas. This seems like a really great community!

Captain Janeway /

Good luck. The tweakers steal everything down here. I'm in Oakland, and I have my fingers crossed every time I go into the garage that my bikes are still there. And they're bolted to the floor.

The latest big thing is stealing catalytic converters out of cars.

I don't think this stuff stops until there are laws to prevent the recycling places from buying this stuff. Yeah, who's going to stop it, but it couldn't hurt. I hear that's why you see a million bike parts in the homeless camps is because they sell the tires for scrap metal.

I hope your bike comes home.

^ Put covers over them, even in a garage, keeps the dust off, and out of sight out of mind is a very real thing. Meth and other hard drug addiction is such a scourge on society, I have sympathy, to a point, as a recovering alcoholic, I get it, a bitch to quit, but at least after quitting drinking you start to feel better, meth heads if they have used long enough, never do, relapse is almost inevitable. If we had the room a 5 yr prison stay in a place for Meth monsters only might help, intense treatment and forced sobriety, that's the liberal in me, the conservative side says if you are found using that drug you should be shot on the spot, the word would get out quick, and save millions in societal costs. I'm very grateful I never got caught up in that crap... In MN you need to have a valid ID to scrap anything, is it the same in Cali? If not that could help. @ OP, put the word out at scrap yards, and towing company's, that is where most abandoned/stolen vehicles end up, offer a financial incentive to call you if it comes in. Everyone loves money for nothing. There is a post in the repair forum about how to get one of these bikes to run with a "bad" Fob....maybe track that dude down and see if it is your bike, he may not have even taken it, but bought it hot, or it might not even be stolen, but worth running down, for that kind of monetary outlay, I would be all over trying to get it back, and I would have registered it, the world is NOT a nice place. Best of luck with recovery.

Scrap yards don't pay sh#t!

Just brought a Honda Helix frame for scrap... Got $1.45 for it!

> Honest Mike Wrote:

> Scrap yards don't pay sh#t!

>

> Just brought a Honda Helix frame for scrap... Got $1.45 for it!

Yeah when my KE100 got stolen I called a few scrapyards and they all said the same thing "We ain't got it; they wouldn't bring it here cause we wouldn't give them shit for it"

Um, none of them are paying shit thanks to the orange goblin. ^^[

Jansen Hanzer /

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> Um, none of them are paying shit thanks to the orange goblin. ^^[

excuse me sir how dare you talk bad about our president

you must be waiting for Obama to come back

it won't happen !!!!

Trump is the best thing to happen to this great country in at least 100 years

you are a waste to society young man you should be ashamed of yourself !!!

ok thank you

> Jansen Hanzer Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

>

> > Um, none of them are paying shit thanks to the orange goblin. ^^[

>

> excuse me sir how dare you talk bad about our president

>

> you must be waiting for Obama to come back

>

> it won't happen !!!!

>

> Trump is the best thing to happen to this great country in at least 100

> years

>

> you are a waste to society young man you should be ashamed of yourself

> !!!

>

> ok thank you

Politics suck but they control our world.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account