Treat Puch Chopper forks? Different than Tomos oem ?

So besides the obvious with the tubes being longer... I'm wondering are the yolks any different? Treats sells chopper forks 4 Puch and I'm wondering what the difference is besides springs on top and length in tubes...I'm hoping they have a little bit of rake to them?? Any pics? Anyone? Thank you

Re: Treat Puch Chopper forks? Different than Tomos oem ?

Cant say about any differences , but , rake is usually set by the angle of the neck tube .

I suppose it could also be set by altering the triple tree , but , that would require some pretty fancy machine work .

Dirty30 Dillon /

The EBR chopper forks are not a direct replacement for the Tomos Hydro forks you have on your bike.

Forks in this hobby don't typically have a +/- rake built into the triples. Any gained rake is merely from the change in fork length.

Thank you....I know I will loose my disc brake ...I also no that the tubes are different sizes...I have 30mm now and I am putting on the 27mm I thought maybe the tree was like the arrow , you know wider... Anyway all I wanted was the tubes but treats would not sell me just the tubes...so I did buy the whole set...I think if I make a bracket for bolting the tire to the longer forks I should be able 2 get the rake I am seeking.... It's such a big secret that no one will tell me how to rake the front end of the Tomos... I could cut it and reweld it but that would compromise the bike... blah blah blah blah... Nobody on here will tell me... I could weld a second frame and extend my tank and that would do it also.... I wish there were a way I could open the head some....the get smaller bearing cups then open them at a slight angle... But I'm sure I can't do that either... blah blah blah.... Everyone so quick to tell people what is wrong or you can't do that.... Not one person will say how you do it!!!

Dirty30 Dillon /

You've already described it. You cut the head tube off the bike and reweld at the angle desired.

There is no bolt on way to do it. There is no secret.

I don't want my bike to look like this...even though it's cool....it's not my style ..I will have to figure out something.... now I will have 2 sets of 27mm ebr and 2 sets of 30 ebr...oh well...maybe this orange Tomos is using different lengths tubes...then I will have to figure out how to get the disc brake back on....haha..or maybe someone will tell me ...You Can't Do That!!!...blah blah blah

Screenshot_20191107-101014.png

Dirty30 Dillon /

As stated: Cut frame, modify head tube angle, reweld.

You seem to have a hard time understanding what has been written . (edited)

Ok I get it...thank you all

Pythagorean theorem man. You cannot change the angle of the forks in relation to the frame without cutting and welding or custom manufacturing angled triple trees.

The right way is to cut and weld, the custom triple trees will cause extreme alignment geometry problems from offsetting the axis.

You could probably get the headset welded for under $75 if you can't weld yourself. It really won't compromise anything. Except handling of course, which has been total shit on every raked bike I have ridden.

Thank you very much.... It's no problem... I wish I would have gotten that answer... A long time ago... There's just not a lot of post about that... I have never ridden a bike like that... I'm just going to put on some longer tubes and see how that feels... I definitely like riding chopper style rather than Cafe racer style... That's for sure it's a lot more comfortable... Thank you everyone...

At least I didn't post a picture of a scooter.. and start asking how to make it go faster....

Boy I've seen this forum rip people up for posting scooter crap.... And for calling them mopeds

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Cafe Racer Chopper alright alright when is the Grand Touring bikes coming through?

Yesss.... So many mopeds and I feel like everything has been done.... I would love to see one done in chrome!!! After the comments I made on yesterday's post I was able to go home and study about how important it is to have the rake and trail on your bike perfect... I realize how dangerous it is and unstable if you go hacking or just making your bike look pretty.. There's a lot of calculations and very precise measurements that are done to make sure that its perfect... To be honest I want to ride my bike!! I don't want to just sit around and look at it...I can't go throwing stuff together without knowing what I'm doing ..I would definitely be in for a lot of trouble and even possibly die....

Thank you everyone... Moped army rocks... Mopeds Rock!!

Ripppin dicks!!

So now I'm going to turn my attention to learning how to design and make a custom seat for my beast.. I haven't seen one seat that I truly like,. I love the old chopper seat , like king and queen style..

IMG_20191112_192441.jpg
IMG_20191111_150258_1.jpg

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Cafe Racer Chopper alright alright when is the Grand Touring bikes

> coming through?

We did that already.

Yea the past year or so moto dudes have been on the BMX cub's a lot. I wanna see a big AEE style deep seat chopper trike moped.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account