Re: Vermont registration update in New Jersey

Dan O'Connor /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a moped in NJ that I bought used from another person in NJ that had no title. The NJ MVC requires a notorized bill of sale if you have no title. No big deal, the seller and I went to the UPS store and got it notorized for $5. You also need a insurance carrier/insurance policy number to enter on one form, but they didn't ask for the card. I didn't want to get insurance but it was $75/year through American Modern with liability, collision and theft and 0 deductible. Today, I went to MVC in Somerville, presented the bill of sale, filled out a registration form and proof of ownership form, and 15 minutes later left with registration, plates, and a title. I didn't even ask for a title, they just gave it to me. NJ moped registration fee is $8 per year so I don't see what the value of going through Vermont provides when it is 4X the yearly cost.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account