Ever seen one of these...

The seller wants $4500. in Baltimore craigslist....

00101_fnXm8k24ST_1200x900.jpg

Re: Ever seen one of these...

I’m sure the seller “wants” that much.

V1ks in a mini bike frame, looks fun.

I’m sure the seller is hoping for a mini bike collector, your average moped enthusiast isn’t his target market.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

No, that's a legit V1 I think

Pretty cool, it's my understanding they were made by Fantic or had some sort of relation to Fantic. Some had pedal V1's. Kinda rare, but not worth $4500 by any stretch of the imagination.

Here's another thread on them: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,767454

Fantic bikes with v1ks. The motors I had where both stub plane with the large stators .

That belongs in a museum somewhere.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Worth about 1000. Not even the rare Fantic Bronco This is a TX with a V1. Mine is the way rarer and faster TX-6 with the Minarelli P4 4 speed manual clutch egg motor. That would make mine worth at least ten grand in this crazy persons universe

Never said I agreed with the price. ^^^Just admiring the fact that it's almost flawless. Rear frame rails under seat are bent down slightly from one or several passinger(s). Look close and you'll see the actual bend point is where the seat meets the tank before the bracing on right side. Either that or its a funky camera angle. (edited)

Live, it must be the pic I took. The frame rails are not bent.

> Bill S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Live, it must be the pic I took. The frame rails are not bent.

Agreed, a lot of work went into that and it shows. You just dont see that quality of resto very often. Do you have any before pics??

beautiful.

but YIKES that price lol

Here’s a couple “before” pics. The bike is complete but a bit crusty. I’ll address the pricing of the mini later today when I have more time.

177CAC34-B0D1-4B26-8B76-CC15C6FCBB82.jpeg
F9095242-C589-461F-B6AC-C912DD26D9C5.jpeg

Yeah I’ve met this dude. He is proper old skool 2 stroke. Like super meticulous proper restoration. When it comes to fully restored rare minis you’re into the rich old guy market so...it’s almost name your price lol

Thanks for the compliment Sir BLKBLK.

Now, regarding the pricing that I said I would address. I've done my research. A Fantic Broncco TX7 with a base V1 engine sold last year in the UK for $5700. Another Broncco was listed for $4000 earlier this year in N.J. There's currently a Rupp Black Widow on Old Mini Bikes with an asking of $5000. Last month a '69 Rupp Roadster was listed for $4700 on CL.

I may not get my asking price but as you all know, you need a starting point. Based on the research this is were the market is on these vintage minis. I think the prices are a bit crazy but I don't set the values.

Just a little background on myself. I've been restoring vintage motocross bikes, mopeds and others for roughly 10 years since I retired. I have about 10 restorations on Myron's Mopeds including the '86 Puch Cobra II that is currently on the homepage.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account