Wanted: Vespa Ciao parts. 1974

I need a few rando stuff for a 1974 Ciao I am fixing up to give away to a cool neighbor kid, to get him into the habit. I mean hobby.

-Complete Headlight assembly. I have the mounting bracket, but I need the bucket, lens, bulb & Speedo.

-Complete Taillight assembly.

-Wiring Harness with Switch(es). If I can’t find this, I’ll make a harness and/or hardwire it.

-Sidecovers. I know I can get em from treats, but...

I’m sure there’s more I’ll need, but it’s a start. Please be reasonable on price, because this is a giveaway to a good kid.

image.jpg

Re: Wanted: Vespa Ciao parts. 1974

Oops! Posted in wrong forum. Please move, thanks!

I think I have a head light and a wire harness. I'm not sure how good/shape they're in.

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think I have a head light and a wire harness. I'm not sure how

> good/shape they're in.

Sweet! They don’t need to be great, just usable. The bike is a little rough anyway. We’ll clean it up. Let me know what you need for em shipped to 99328. Thanks!

This is what I found.

IMG_20191107_075155.jpg
IMG_20191107_075220.jpg

Stephen, those look good to me. Thanks. I’ll pm ya.

That is the best bucket ever! A buddy gifted a sweet 73’ bucket, it’s a keeper.

Well I had the kid ( Gary) come by after school today, so I could talk to him about our deal. I showed him the Ciao, and told him that my wife and I had talked to his mom, and she granted him permission. He acted as if he was aware. I told him he could have it. Being the type of person who appreciates the value in things earned, and doesn’t want something for nothing, he wants to work it off. I’m giving him the bike, and I’m buying all the parts, and he’s gonna work it off at $12 bucks an hour. We are gonna do all the work together, so he can learn to fix stuff himself. I told him he’s gotta keep his grades up tho! He loves the bike! He already picked out a name: the General Lee. It’s orange, and he loves Dukes of Hazzard.

I don’t know who’s more excited, him or me. I’m really looking forward to building a bike with a purpose.

> Seth B Wrote:

> I don’t know who’s more excited, him or me. I’m really looking forward

> to building a bike with a purpose.

Please , 'keep us in the loop' , Seth . ;)

> P D Wrote:

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I don’t know who’s more excited, him or me. I’m really looking forward

>

> > to building a bike with a purpose.

>

> Please , 'keep us in the loop' , Seth . ;)

I will, for sure. It’s great getting young’ins into the hobby

Wow! This community is awesome! You guys rock! We got fenders from Monti S, headlight and harness from Stephen on the way, and tires coming from Graham. Gary is gonna test for his Driver’s license tomorrow, and he is super stoked to start putting this together. Thanks guys!

We are still looking for a tail light, if anybody has one. We will probably have to get side covers from SMM or re-pops from Treats.

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

I’ll trade you side covers (black or grey I’ve got em both) for that SICK FROMT LUGGAGE RACK!

Thanks, Jason, but that rack is the slickest moped rack I’ve seen yet. It’s gotta stay! I’ll never find another

> Seth B Wrote:

> Wow! This community is awesome! You guys rock! We got fenders from Monti

> S, headlight and harness from Stephen on the way, and tires coming from

> Graham. Gary is gonna test for his Driver’s license tomorrow, and he is

> super stoked to start putting this together. Thanks guys!

>

> We are still looking for a tail light, if anybody has one. We will

> probably have to get side covers from SMM or re-pops from Treats.

I'm packing up your box now and found a tail light so I threw it in with some new 6v bulbs in it ;)

IMG_20191112_091926.jpg

Dang Stephen, you rock! Thank you!

> Seth B Wrote:

> Dang Stephen, you rock! Thank you!

No problem. It shipped this morning

All right! Thanks for the tires, Graham!

Gary didn’t pass his first attempt at his driving test for his license the other day. :( He’ll get it next time. I spent a few hours simplifying and reworking the wiring harness, so the wiring is all straightened out now. Got a load of rando parts from Treats last week, and a small order from SMM coming. Hopefully, if his grades are up, Gary has some spare time over winter break so we can put it together. It’s hard waiting for him to work on it; I want to throw it all together and hand it over to him. But alas, that would be counterproductive to my plan. He needs to learn it!

I did pick him up a nice full face DOT/Snell rated MX style helmet. It’s used, but like new. I think the MX style will complement the bike.

Your the man Seth!

I put all new cables on today, installed the petcock, carb and air filter, hardwired it, and drill started it for the first time. I wanted to hear it run before we get it all wrapped up. It’s running rich with a 52 jet, but should run fine with carb tuning. Stock 12.10 carb and exhaust for now. Gonna service brakes and bearings next, and install the tires and tubes. Then finish the wiring and lights.

> Seth B Wrote:

> I put all new cables on today, installed the petcock, carb and air

> filter, hardwired it, and drill started it for the first time. I wanted

> to hear it run before we get it all wrapped up. It’s running rich with a

> 52 jet, but should run fine with carb tuning. Stock 12.10 carb and

> exhaust for now. Gonna service brakes and bearings next, and install the

> tires and tubes. Then finish the wiring and lights.

NICE

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account